Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I wouldn’t have lost any either if I wasn’t so stupid. I have another 45 birds in the barn that were laying most of the eggs they are also the more spendy birds and there are 9 Marans chicks in there. I will let a couple more of my broody girls hatch a few more Marans and maybe some olive eggers to replace the loss.

Penny are you going to keep a Marans Roo out of those chicks. I was wondering how the temperament is with your little cockerels I guess they aren’t very old though. My first little group of Marans babies are in the ugly stage right now looks like only 1 cockerel in that group none of them are friendly yet but no siprise there takes them a while. My big Marans boy is still good either stands on my foot or leans on me till he gets a treat he is pretty big.

the lone wolf from the first hatch is my buddy he likes me allot and is showing to be cockerel there is like 4 or 5 in the second hatch you want one ? or a couple pullets ? you would be welcome to them if wanted

Hey, y'all! We will be heading up to Thurston County from California (shhh, don't tell anyone) within the next few months. Any advice?

We are bringing our one girl with us as we have been on a very strict no new pets rule for the last year knowing we'd be moving. We only have our one Delaware (Miss Lindsay Lohan) left of our Cali Flock.

I've been hunting for the regs and rules of being a chicken mom up there but would love some sage advice from peeps who already live there. Is there an acreage limit? Like if we buy a home of more than one acre or (if I'm lucky) a home of 5 or more acres are the rules different. I'm only finding articles on "Urban" chicken keeping. We are looking all over Thurston County and haven't made a home choice yet, but are there areas that are more "pet-friendly" than others?

Figured I'd ask the eggsperts. Thanks!!

Miss Lindsay :
20170704_201257.jpg

Im not in Thurston County, just north to it in Pierce County. So rules are different and I can't help much. Pretty much no roosters in town anywhere. Hen limits depend on if in an urban area. If in the country, it's usually limited by acreage. HOAs can cause tons of trouble

Where in Thurston are you moving to?

Back
Top Bottom