Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Morning staters hope we all pulled through the 4 th safe :wee
Yep! We did! My son and family live on the other side of a reservation from us and normally it is crazy loud with fireworks but this year it was way dialed down from past years. He made a nice campfire and we had burgers and potato salad etc. Got to play with the grandkids. The youngest only 3 1/2 months and so doggone cute. I still have campfire hair but figure I’ve got sweaty chores to do today so what the heck.

There is a guy over here who will deliver straw to your coop for $10 per bale. It’s a good deal here, I thought I paid like $16 for a bale at the feed store but maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know if he goes to Bremerton or not. If you’re interested, his name is Nick Cates and he can be found thru Bainbridge Fowl Facebook group.
Thank you Sequel. I will definitely check him out. I can't believe how much money hay and straw go for now.

Hello all, we're new to Washington this year (had chickens for about 7 years in San Francisco area, but it's been awhile). We have a new flock of 7. Three are Silver Cuckoo Marans, 1 roo and 2 hens. The other four are Snowy White Easter Eggers, 1 roo and 3 hens. All are 11 weeks old now. We are pretty sure we need to get rid of a rooser (the Snowy EE will be the one to go) or we need to get more hens and add a second coop. I'm a little too overwhelmed these days to add a second tractor to our lives.

Any suggestions on good ways to find a new home for a rooster? I've listed in our local Facebook Chicken group and I've put him on Craigslist but no takers so far. A local would take him for food, but we're all rooting for him to find a home instead. We are on Vashon Island.

Nice to meet everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_6495.jpg
    IMG_6495.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6514.jpg
    IMG_6514.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6517.jpg
    IMG_6517.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 2

Back