Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hello all, we're new to Washington this year (had chickens for about 7 years in San Francisco area, but it's been awhile). We have a new flock of 7. Three are Silver Cuckoo Marans, 1 roo and 2 hens. The other four are Snowy White Easter Eggers, 1 roo and 3 hens. All are 11 weeks old now. We are pretty sure we need to get rid of a rooser (the Snowy EE will be the one to go) or we need to get more hens and add a second coop. I'm a little too overwhelmed these days to add a second tractor to our lives.

Any suggestions on good ways to find a new home for a rooster? I've listed in our local Facebook Chicken group and I've put him on Craigslist but no takers so far. A local would take him for food, but we're all rooting for him to find a home instead. We are on Vashon Island.

Nice to meet everyone!

Check with your local humane society. Ours here in Cowlitz will care for them until they are able to rehome them. I only know this because we had a wild ( abandoned) roo try to take over my flock from my cochin bantam 🥺 and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t sending him to his death when I called animal control.

My flock and I are doing great today. I went bike riding to the store and picked up a few things to eat. I spent $46 on snacks and lunch meals. Most of the cost came from the shrimp and lobster tails I bought for myself.

The chickens are hating that it keeps raining here but the ducks are loving it. I was about to head out and check for eggs but I'm not counting on getting too many today

Today got 6 so far but better than yesterday Raining hard here.. Richard and I went out to string hardware cloth all over the small coops fence to keep the peeps in my cochin was broody friend loaned me three banty peeps that had just been born did loose one think one of cats got it

Back
Top Bottom