Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have the 4 at the banty coop took them from my incubator.
Had bought eggs on Ebay all but three died, My marans has
one egg in there also paryaing their not all cockerel ..
Air is much better here like others down to 80's here

Takes me 9 hours total but I made some Pacific crabapple jelly. Much of that time is cooking the apples down in water then straining in a jelly bag. Spent well over an hour picking them, then several hours removing stems. Only sugar added then boiled and jarred. It makes a very stiff jelly.

8 half pints all canned up. Mom gets one but the rest are ours. I don't like sharing because of how long it takes.
20200919_182820.jpg
20200919_214053.jpg

Attachments

• 20200919_182820.jpg
    20200919_182820.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200919_182820.jpg
    20200919_182820.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 0
Takes me 9 hours total but I made some Pacific crabapple jelly. Much of that time is cooking the apples down in water then straining in a jelly bag. Spent well over an hour picking them, then several hours removing stems. Only sugar added then boiled and jarred. It makes a very stiff jelly.

8 half pints all canned up. Mom gets one but the rest are ours. I don't like sharing because of how long it takes.View attachment 2343085View attachment 2343086
Those are so tiny...I don't blame you for keeping most of it!
I love crabapple jelly! I wanted to make some this year, but we didn't have enough on our tree! I have a juicer & it makes the jelly a very beautiful pink color!

I've thought about pulling out the steam juicer for them. They are so hard I don't think they will work well. It's great for grapes though. We always juiced grapes that way when I was a kid.

They don't taste like the European crabapples. There is a distinctive taste to them. It's a native tree here.

I like European crabapple jelly as well.

I use most of the jams and jellies in yogurt but hubby has sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom