Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I've thought about pulling out the steam juicer for them. They are so hard I don't think they will work well. It's great for grapes though. We always juiced grapes that way when I was a kid.

They don't taste like the European crabapples. There is a distinctive taste to them. It's a native tree here.

I like European crabapple jelly as well.

I use most of the jams and jellies in yogurt but hubby has sandwiches.
My juicer isn't steam, it shreds the apples to extract the juice...it does a pretty good job!

See we have set aside the coin money with idea to replace are old living room air conditioner that was one of Ma's they used so possible 20 years old ...
Heavy as get out .. we put it on office chair to move it in the winter ..
I hate that most everything you buy today you have to use a smart phone to activate ... :rantHow did that happen :he

Takes me 9 hours total but I made some Pacific crabapple jelly. Much of that time is cooking the apples down in water then straining in a jelly bag. Spent well over an hour picking them, then several hours removing stems. Only sugar added then boiled and jarred. It makes a very stiff jelly.

8 half pints all canned up. Mom gets one but the rest are ours. I don't like sharing because of how long it takes.View attachment 2343085View attachment 2343086
Nice! I have one of these trees but haven't done anything with the fruit (didn't know how to process it). When I first bought the house I had to research what it was with the tiny fruit - it's new to me and I'm native Washingtonian. I love learning new things. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom