Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi!
Newbie here from Skagit County. I would like to get more involved with local chicken people, clubs and events. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

My only laying age hen has had a hard molt and I think she's down for the winter. I'm being forced to deal with store bought eggs for the first time in a couple of years and it is disappointing, I tell ya. On top of that, if the two new chicks I got in Sept. turn out to be boys, I'll be in the market for a pullet and will want to be able to have the chance to rehome the boys before they go to freezer camp. Knowing people around here would go a long way!

Anyway, I've been lurking here for months but finally decided to jump in the pool. Nice to see all the WA peeps here!
I'm chiming in to say welcome to the group! I live on the East Side, so I don't know much of what goes on over where you are! I hope you have pullets and not roos!

Hi!
Newbie here from Skagit County. I would like to get more involved with local chicken people, clubs and events. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

My only laying age hen has had a hard molt and I think she's down for the winter. I'm being forced to deal with store bought eggs for the first time in a couple of years and it is disappointing, I tell ya. On top of that, if the two new chicks I got in Sept. turn out to be boys, I'll be in the market for a pullet and will want to be able to have the chance to rehome the boys before they go to freezer camp. Knowing people around here would go a long way!

Anyway, I've been lurking here for months but finally decided to jump in the pool. Nice to see all the WA peeps here!

Welcome!

Im no help on groups as I'm not near you. Sorry.

Pru just laid her first egg in 2 months. I feel like having a party! :wee
Thanks for the welcome here. I know I will enjoy being able to talk chickens with others.
@FarmerJob, the Olympics are a darned lovely place. Welcome!
@penny 1960, I agree, this whole state is pretty breathtaking. I grew up in Illinois. Mountains still strike awe in me no matter how long I've lived in them. Even the flat bits are very pretty here.

Back
Top Bottom