Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We are in Okanogan county, Monse WA. Guy and I swapped some eggs a while back. Maybe 2 years ago? BCM Marans. I have 24 BCM Marans pullets that have just started to lay. I have 14 Cream legbars pullets and 3 hens from last year. I have 3 BCM Marans roosters and 3 Cream Legbar roosters. Lots of eggs and lots of chics this year.
100_3735.JPG
100_3717.JPG

Last edited:
I bet that blue Marans is beautiful. I am excited about these Bresse if these cockerels are excellent eating it will be a lot nicer to raise them rather that the Cornish X for meat. Those home grown Cornish X are hard to beat though. Only time will tell, I’m going to fry one of these cockerels and see how that is.
It’s really something after the mass hoarding of supplies and food last spring I noticed all around me this fall that there are roosters crowing. There has been a tone of people apparently raising chickens now it’s a rooster serenade in the morning in every direction. Also the price of chicken feed has shot up. How long have you got away with storing chicken feed? Im sure there will be a mass buy of chicken feed this coming spring. I’m thinking of driving to Spokane and buying a bunch of feed from a feed mill over there. At least you can buy toilet paper now that was crazy, it didn’t affect me as I keep at least a years supply of food and supplies on hand for myself.
I gave up on North Forty prices, way too high for me! Omak feed is terrible used to buy there all the time. Their is a farmer in Mansfield WA that sells all natural mixed chicken feed for 1/2 up town prices. I have been feeding this feed and only this feed for one year and have had no issues TOM

I gave up on North Forty prices, way too high for me! Omak feed is terrible used to buy there all the time. Their is a farmer in Mansfield WA that sells all natural mixed chicken feed for 1/2 up town prices. I have been feeding this feed and only this feed for one year and have had no issues TOM
What's in the feed you get in Mansfield? (I'm NW of Coulee City, so fairly close to Mansfield.)

What's in the feed you get in Mansfield? (I'm NW of Coulee City, so fairly close to Mansfield.)
Feed is wheat, barley, peas,tritcale and then a mineral supplement. 16% protein natural, but not organic. It is bulk,so you have to have drums or buy it in tote form. Like I said I have been feeding it for one year with no problems. TOM (
DSCN0524.JPG
PM me for name and phone #)

Windstorm blew through Tuesday night. Already soggy ground let the trees topple over everywhere. There were hot lines dangling in between power poles all over. Everyone was so happy to see PUD working away all night last night. They finished around 7am.

Well still isn’t working :/ luckily the neighbor has some flooding by our fence line. Snagging that for the birds for now.

Anyone else affected by the storms?

Windstorm blew through Tuesday night. Already soggy ground let the trees topple over everywhere. There were hot lines dangling in between power poles all over. Everyone was so happy to see PUD working away all night last night. They finished around 7am.

Well still isn’t working :/ luckily the neighbor has some flooding by our fence line. Snagging that for the birds for now.

Anyone else affected by the storms?
Oh yes we had an all day power outage but it’s back on. Lots of trees and pieces of trees down, lines down and mudslides . A couple roads were closed but they have those open now too.
I found this text alert thing that sends texts about road closures etc. I got a lot of pings for a couple days there!

Back
Top Bottom