Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

He is precious, does he like to cuddle and will he come up to you? :love
He’s what could best be described as “in training.” Sometimes he can try be a little in the mean side, (like pecking my boots), but he’s really quite sweet when you pick him up. As of now, he doesn’t come up to you too often, but we’re working on getting him nice and sweet. He loves to cuddle up against my chest and fall asleep. 🥰

So we have the seasonal ponds out front fully now. The 3 inches in 24 hours made sure of that. Have a really funny looking duck living in it.

20211112_154603.jpg

Thanks. Athena is 11 and is starting to show her age. She still loves water, though. She'll pound with her front paws to break ice on the water out there in winter.
How sweet, she’s a very nice pretty looking girl!

My grandmother used to have German Shepherd‘s the good old kind with nice straight backs, their names were Buffy and Rex, sadly Buffy was ripped apart to death by a raccoon.

Then after German Shepherd‘s my grandmother and mother went into breeding and showing Akita dogs. They did that for several years and now we’re down to our last one, we used to have 13+ at one time.😂
before my family and I moved up to Washington the whole trip up here was by car and U-Haul‘s full of fish and dogs it was absolutely crazy.

We lost our shepard awhile ago I do miss her still ..
worst part of having dogs in loosing them while we are still here
I understand this one very well penny, it makes me not want any more animals as selfish as that sounds. 😔 :hugs

How sweet, she’s a very nice pretty looking girl!

My grandmother used to have German Shepherd‘s the good old kind with nice straight backs, their names were Buffy and Rex, sadly Buffy was ripped apart to death by a raccoon.

Then after German Shepherd‘s my grandmother and mother went into breeding and showing Akita dogs. They did that for several years and now we’re down to our last one, we used to have 13+ at one time.😂
before my family and I moved up to Washington the whole trip up here was by car and U-Haul‘s full of fish and dogs it was absolutely crazy.

I understand this one very well penny, it makes me not want any more animals as selfish as that sounds. 😔 :hugs
I used to want a German Shepherd or Siberian husky, but my plans are to hopefully adopt a rescue from a shelter. I like to know that something needs me, like adopting a dog with a certain disability they need love and care.

is it a stereotype that Siberian huskies are really high maintenance?😅

It's not a stereotype that you have to be careful of them around livestock. All the sled dogs you have to be cautious of. So lots of training there.

Have to be cautious with terriers, too. I'm thinking of getting another schipperke to help out here. They are the only non-terrier ratter I know of. I also know it's fairly easy to teach them what belongs. We had pet domestic rats when we got the 2 schipperkes we had before. The dogs left them be. Whoa and doom to any rodent the found outside, though. Or gerbils. They didn't like gerbils.

Fiery was almost 15 when we got chickens. Going senile, half blind, and mostly deaf. She really wanted to kill the chickens. Hard to teach her anything at that point.

Now I've locked my german shepherd and the aussie mix in the chicken pens because a delivery came. Only thing in danger is the eating the chicken food. These two are rather protective of the chickens. Zeus even breaks up hen fights.

I used to want a German Shepherd or Siberian husky, but my plans are to hopefully adopt a rescue from a shelter. I like to know that something needs me, like adopting a dog with a certain disability they need love and care.

is it a stereotype that Siberian huskies are really high maintenance?😅
They like to run and they are famous escape artists! :gig

Back
Top Bottom