Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

By the way, how’s the heat wave in other parts of WA?
It’s getting too warm here in Western WA.
I'm loving the warm weather. Luckily our chickens are shaded by the forest so the temp is at least 10 degrees cooler out there. Still refreshed all the waterers just to be sure. They all seemed to be happy and comfy, so I'm happy too.

I'm loving the warm weather. Luckily our chickens are shaded by the forest so the temp is at least 10 degrees cooler out there. Still refreshed all the waterers just to be sure. They all seemed to be happy and comfy, so I'm happy too.
I like it too, to an extent. 😉 Ours have forest cover too, most of them are hiding in the back shade. A few our out dusting themselves.

I might squirt the dirt some, helps it to be cool. Although I’m sure it will dry up.

I saw a hen running around with the biggest worm I ever saw! It looked longer than 12", she was holding it in her beak and standing tall so it would not touch the ground, it was folded in 1/2. I did a double take to make sure it was not a snake. It was as thick as my pinky. This is E.WA we don't get big worms here.

I saw a hen running around with the biggest worm I ever saw! It looked longer than 12", she was holding it in her beak and standing tall so it would not touch the ground, it was folded in 1/2. I did a double take to make sure it was not a snake. It was as thick as my pinky. This is E.WA we don't get big worms here.
The giant Palouse earthworm is native in eastern Washington all the way over into northern Idaho.

I'm not sure what species the giant ones we have here are. Usually only see them on bright moonlit nights as they come up to mate. A silkie found one a few days ago in the daytime. That thing was dragging on the ground as she ran with it.

Back
Top Bottom