Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Oh I agree there is 3 bags of concrete. Need to fill the gaps them lay the bricks on top with motar. I want it done before the rats know they cannot get in.
006.jpg

Your best mouse/rat traps? (Other than a cat), @ValerieJ, almost the same as you. Having a feather explosion here lately. The most eggs from 13 girls was 7 the other day. 4 are definitely molting, 2 are every other day or so layers. By next Spring. The littles are 9 wks. old. Thought I heard a faint crow attempt this morning, but I could have been dreaming.

Well that was fun... came back from walking the dogs and the 2 bigger ones took off and ran to the creek just behind the chicken run. Sounded like someone was tearing down a tree - except that "someone" was a black bear, and the dogs had treed it just across the creek. We called back the dogs and hubby stepped out a few minutes later and said he could hear the bear splashing in the creek upstream.

Chickens weren't terribly perturbed, and no damage was done to the run. It's salmon season so the bear was most likely following the fish upstream.

Well that was fun... came back from walking the dogs and the 2 bigger ones took off and ran to the creek just behind the chicken run. Sounded like someone was tearing down a tree - except that "someone" was a black bear, and the dogs had treed it just across the creek. We called back the dogs and hubby stepped out a few minutes later and said he could hear the bear splashing in the creek upstream.

Chickens weren't terribly perturbed, and no damage was done to the run. It's salmon season so the bear was most likely following the fish upstream.
Might be good to carry a gun back and forth for bit. Good dogs!

Back
Top Bottom