Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much! Last year (my DH coachs track and state is in Cheney) it was horrible. Wind, rain and just cold. This year we have a 4 month old and i was worried about the weather. Looks like tank tops for me!!!!
big_smile.png

hi guys!

haven't been here in awhile - too busy taking care of kids, assorted animals and chicks!

show info, here's what i know!:

May 30th
Washington Feather Fanciers
Spring Show
Chehalis WA
info & entries - Mike Dooms call for mailing address
ph# 1-360-736-2751 Email: [email protected]
Linda Kozak ph# 1-206-463-1317

also see here if you're interested in a new cockerel!: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=190326

hope
everyone is enjoying this GORGEOUS weather!!!!!

frow.gif

Quote:
Del's in Auburn carries DE. The feed stores that I go to in Enumclaw carry DE too.

Do they sell food grade DE? If so, I'm going tomorrow!

Quote:
Del's in Auburn carries DE. The feed stores that I go to in Enumclaw carry DE too.

Yes, they did when I bought it from them. I would call ahead of time to make sure they have it in stock.

Quote:

Yes, they did when I bought it from them. I would call ahead of time to make sure they have it in stock.

I bought DE at the feed store out on the Hwy 164 half way between Enumclaw and Auburn. I payed .46 per pound. I got a 5lb bag for 2.50 including sales tax. The store name is like Country Feed

Last edited:
Seaking of DE - i discovered on another BYC thread that the product Stall Dry is just DE & clay.....Thursday I bought a 40# bag at Del's for about $12. I'm sure that will last me a very long time. Right on the label it says non-toxic and has pictures of the livestock use - including chickens.

I really believe in this stuff, I had previously bought a small package from a specialty nursery ($8) of straight DE. That has lasted me from March til now. I'm using the deep litter method, once a week when I put a layer of fresh shavings in my coop, I sprinkle a scoop or two of DE , rake it lightly.

My small coop with 8 hens does not smell and it makes chicken care so easy. I think once or twice a year I will need to totally rake it out and then compost the litter for my garden, what could be easier.

So I did a really rash thing and now have about 14 eggs that I need to find a way to incubate... There is a person on craigslist that says they will incubate them for $1.00 a piece. I've been asking my co-workers and friends but amazingly enough NO ONE in my inner circle seems to be able to get their hands on an incubator or a broody hen. So do I trust the incubator offerer or do I order one (as i've called the feed stores and thus far no luck) and should i keep them in the fridge or somewhere for a while if i do????

thanks

My BLRW hen went broody yesterday
celebrate.gif
Of coarse she did this on a day when I separated her so that I could get some purebred eggs from her
barnie.gif
WHY? My silky went broody for 5 days then left her eggs. I thought they were supposed to be able to hatch rocks
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I gave my hen 11 eggs to set on....sorry
sad.png
What feed stores did you call? I know Bill's had one when I was there a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom