Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving this weather - but not the sunburn I got while puttering in the yard this am. Geez and I did have sunscreen on.

If it is this nice tomorrow we are headed out to the beach just to cool off
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I don't remember such a sunny spring for a very long time!

Hey I did interrupt one of my chickens in the nest box, boy did she give me the old stinkeye...it was one of the two RIR X SLW, that is who I suspected were laying the eggs, they are a couple weeks older then the SLW and now I know for sure!
cool.png

Quote:
We're all over. I'm from the wet side.

I'm lived in Lake Stevens Wa. Moved to Idaho in 2007
I miss it sometimes because I have family there, but I love living here in the sticks.
Still It's nice to meet people from "home" here

Deanne

Idaho is a lovely place too! Although we are kind of "in the sticks" out here near the coast! After all these years on the "wet side" of Washington I've noticed I don't really like hot hot weather anymore.

I'm a transporter at a hospital (taking patients to and from tests, procedures and discharging them) and we lost one of our transporters this weekend. So, the other gal and I have to cover the holes on the weekends. I'm working Sundays and she's working Saturdays until they get a new person in. That means we're working 6 day stretches. YAY!. LOL.

Ok, so I'm selling a few WM roos for $30 each. I hate to let them go, but I need a gal or two and can't afford to buy a gal or two. I hatched the three Wheatens on Feb 13, and the RIR “Jersey” on Feb 21. From the camera they are “Henri”, “Pierre”, and “Jean-Luc”. I’m keeping “Jean-Luc” and “Jersey” but I’m selling “Henri” and “Pierre”.

12325_dsc07204.jpg

I’ve got them listed on Craigslist and had someone on Whidbey Island contact me, but I definitely want a few hens, so, yeah. LOL. I’ll miss the boys, but what can I do with that many Marans roos?!

Quote:
It's heavenly: not too hot, cool evenings for sleeping. I LOVE it, too!!

Heck, even my tomatoes must be happy. I saw yellow blooms yesterday. In MAY!!!
ya.gif

Hello fellow Washingtonians! This sunshine is hot-tastic! I've been taking the chicks out everyday and they are loving it! They lay out flat on their sides and sunbath
tongue.png
They are 6 weeks old and busting their brooder at the seams, so all they do now is sleep in it. Our coop is just about finished...as long as this good weather holds out.

Whoo, 90 yesterday, and today is shaping up to be a nice one too. Darn I miss the rain everyone says we always get.

I am in Eburg, by the way; a recent transplant from Everett. I just had to up and move so I could have some chickens. Guess you could say I wasn't satisfied with owning just FIVE hens
lol.png

anyone know anyone who wants a blue orp roo???
sad.png
it's breaking my heart to find homes for the lil guys.

i'll be delivering one over the yakima area in a couple of weeks if anyone over in eastern wa wants one! please? come on! they wanna grow up and do their rooster thang!
big_smile.png

jenn - where do you put your tomatoes that your girls don't get 'em??? we've sort of surrendered our back yard to kids, dogs and chickens... nothing is safe! (not even the rock wall....)

herbandteas - what are buttercup chickens? they would probably go nicely with a blue orpington rooster. i think you need one! hee hee!

LOVE the sunbathing chickens!!! my big kids and my little kids do it - so so cute!

darn, i would love a blue orp roo. but yakima is too far for me to drive. boohoo... any chance you would deliver it to moses lake? my dad is working down there and maybe just maybe i could convince him to bring it to me.... if we could figure out a date that he wouldn't have to take care of it for very long (like if we could get it to him on the day he drives home !
lau.gif
)

You said:
herbandteas - what are buttercup chickens? they would probably go nicely with a blue orpington rooster. i think you need one! hee hee!

I would have gotten one today but didn't see it till it was too late to do the drive out to Graham. She will be hatching more later so told her to let me know when she has more. The comb is shaped like a cup

Here is the link to the listing

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/grd/1201542247.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom