Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
One rule for which I've never found an exception: it always hurts worst the second day after any injury. I've got a line of tiny bruises across my chest diagonally about the point of the fifth rib.

Oh, well, onward and upward, right?

Quote:
I have heard several times that you should NEVER use sharpie on eggs for hatching or eating. Only pencil. But I have also seen others that say it's ok.
idunno.gif

try colored nylon wire ties. They come in many colors or you can get the white ones and color them in RIT dye.

Quote:
Um...... I didn't
hide.gif

I think middle school teachers deserve great respect, and probably combat pay, but I've never given them presents.

I totally agree with you on this! Most of them turn into little hoodlums!
barnie.gif
lau.gif
Well, at least they start to get an attitude with everybody.

It is soooooo hard to step out of the shower when the heat's been turned off. I'd still be in there now if the shower pan was not in danger of overflowing.

I'm glad Olivia wants a ride in today - no waiting for the bus in this cold downpour.

Quote:
ME! But no one ever seems to notice. Poor, lonely me. Computer got another virus thanks to DH. He gave a fake virus program permission to scan the computer. It had to go to the shop again for another week.

Chickie, I think your free chick looks like a Dominique. That's what they sent me last time I ordered. Of course it was a roo. If I ever order again I'm going to tell them I'll pass on the freebie. They can keep their roos.

Quote:
I have heard several times that you should NEVER use sharpie on eggs for hatching or eating. Only pencil. But I have also seen others that say it's ok.
idunno.gif

try colored nylon wire ties. They come in many colors or you can get the white ones and color them in RIT dye.

use multi colored zip ties for leg bands

Quote:
I love my Kindle! But I only use it for reading. I know some of these e-readers can do internet stuff too. So it would depend on what he wants out of it.

ETA- I love being able to take it places and only have to carry 1 item instead of 5 or 6 or 10, like I do on vacation or for a long weekend. That and I like the fact that I am not contributing to the cutting down of trees to make paper. It's a small thing, but I think eventually it will all go electronically. Sad but true. I do still buy used books sometimes and then take them back and turn them in again. Oh and always check out the screen. I can read my Kindle outside in the sun. Some you can't even if you buy some screen cover thing to block out some glare. I don't know much about the Nook.

Last edited:
this hatch is giving me headaches... the last little serama had his yolk ooze out of where he was trying to zip and it dried to his back and the membrane glueing him in tight. I had to open and give him a bath with a q tip ( OH named it q tip). then there are 3 eggs left, I left them just in case and yesterday I thought one had pipped...until I realized it was chick fuzz stuck to the egg making it look like a crack! I blew thru the vent and yep the fuzz blew off. I thought well its not gonna hatch so I will turn it off tomorrow and went to bed. this morning I checked them before turning the bator off and what????? it had an actual pip this time!! its day 22! sooo...c'mon lil chicky make it out! I think the other two are losses. giant air cells and they are slanted. I will post some pics of the chicks in a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom