Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh that's so nice to hear.

Well, I isolated my broody, which I hadn't done before. If she continues to brood, I'll get some more eggs.

Yeah, that's what I should have done with this one. How could she really abandon the nest if there's no place else to go? and I wouldn't have lost a couple of the other ones due to other hens interfering also. Good luck with your broodie!
smile.png

I am afraid that the other hens might have been interfering, but who knows? Everyone said to isolate the broody and lesson learned! The thing I'm really bummed about is wasting Mike's eggs. His barnevelders are GORGEOUS. Actually, his whole setup is pretty amazing. I really enjoyed getting the tour!

And Mike--I know I was supposed to send you a link to my blog. If you're reading this, here you go:

http://ziamunshi.com/tag/chickens/

Anybody else looking for this kind of stuff might want to check this out. Good luck

[email protected]? (Arlington

WHY does all this stuff have to be sooo far from me.
hit.gif
th.gif
Not that I am in a position to do any of this but Gotta get ready for eggs some how.

OK so I don't know how to link it sorry !!!!
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Yeah he sold it out from under me before I was able to get out of work. Typical CL'er.
smack.gif

I'm cursing whoever bought it to
A) hatch ALL 'roos on the first hatch,
and
B) have the 'bator die at day 16 on the second hatch.

old.gif

And my curses WORK, ask the 3 sitters that have gotten pregnant on me.

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, I had some eggs that Mike gave me and my broody has rejected them all. They were due on Sunday. Day before yesterday, she rolled one out of the coop. Yesterday, she rejected four more. And today, she ate the other two. (There were three that were infertile.)

Now she's back to incubating the plastic eggs. Sigh.

I hope your chicks make it ....

Stupid bird

Quote:
Thanks
hugs.gif

Just wasn't meant to be. I need more chickens like I need another hole in the head, although that's not stopping me from hovering over the "confirm order" on the hatchery sites..
I'm so weak...
th.gif

ETA: I saw where you had linked it, but circumstances change, as they always do around here, within hours

Last edited:
Is there anyone reputable in the Seattle area that sells hatching eggs? I'm not picky about breeds - I actually just want to hatch them because:
a. I have an incubator I've never used (with turner!)
and
b. I want the kids to see the process.

The fact that I can't actually keep the chicks isn't terribly important.

I have been raising mealworms since Sept. I did it as an experiment. It worked. I have thousands! My girls will be soooo happy with me. It's easy too! So no, no code, They are approaching the size where the girls will love them! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom