Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
hmmm .... maybe there is a use for all that nasty Kale; put in enough blueberries and other stuff to hide the bitter taste.
I put most of the pulp in a carrot cake (mix is from a GF box - Fat Free, and for fat free, it tastes amazingly good, and since I used 3 cups pulp instead of 1, it was quite moist.). Not as good as the uual butter infused one I make with cream cheese frosting, but not bad at all.

Kale is not NASTY!. I have an awesome recipe for Portugese Kale soup. Sooo yummy. I have a very regular customer who buys my Kale and makes a kale drink every morning. She puts it in her vitamix, adds pears or apples and a few other things. She said it was kind of yuck when she first started drinking it but now she loves it and she is so healthy looking. It is so good for you. The very best tasting kale is the Toscano or Dinosaur Kale. Just getting ready to put my transplants in the ground for fall and winter harvest.

The Green tomato heirloom tomato I have in the greenhouse right now is Cherokee Green. It actually ripens to a yellow with green shoulders but it's pure green on the inside. And it is sweet. I am limited on greenhouse space so had to stick to only 3 heirloom varieties. One is Black Krim and the other is Black Prince. Black Prince is on the small side but prolific and as far as taste I like the Black Krim better. Wish I could try them all.

OK, day 2 for the B&B pickles. Five more days to go before I can try them. And cucumbers and squash are very prolific so the chickens are getting feasts of them. I guess it's a good thing when I grow more than I can sell. I try to make a certain dollar amount per square foot but I am also helping with my chicken feed bill so it counts for something. If inedible for them it goes into the compost so it's still counting for something.

I'm growing Rainbow Chard which I also don't like, but at least the stems are pretty. I cook it, blend it and then mix it with mashed potatoes to make them bright green, and then add a lot of bacon to make it edible. I'll take your soup recipe.

Quote:
RECIPE???? Pretty Please????
droolin.gif

Quote:
I had something like that happen about 6 years ago, but it stemmed from a sale of some items that where shipped to Spain and claimed to be stolen. The items were fully insured, but the USPS refused to pay the claim because they claim the item was stolen from the customs office in Spain (Even if that was the case, I paid the USPS hundreds for insurance assuming it was insurred until delivered! Had they let me know before shipping that the insurance was good only until the package left the U.S, I would never have shipped it with a full customs disclosure!). Anyways, because the bank account was linked to my eBay, both were frozen - money could go in but it was immediately taken out (and not given to the purchaser in Spain either - Paypal keppt it! 2 years later they returned the funds to me after reviewing all my other transactions, but by then I had paid over $500 to a lawyer and $1800 in merchandise to the buyer in Spain. I now clear any funds from paypal and mmy paypal linked accounts the minute I get them. I would use a different service, but when I researched it they all have the same problems with hackers.

Good luck getting your money back. The stress was too much for me, and I gave up after fighting the post-office for 2 years.

That experience is very similar to something that happened to a friend of mine who was running an online charity auction, although in her case, PayPal decided she was a scam artist and locked up a few hundred dollars that were donated for relief after Katrina, making a check to the Red Cross bounce.

Quote:
Monroe Fair(Evergreen State Fair) starts today and goes through Labor Day. The poultry show is I think today through Monday, but Monday is not really a show day. It is a day for the chickens to leave and set up for the next animal show. I think.
big_smile.png

I am going tomorrow.

YES! We are there through Monday night. You can still see chickens Monday, just not after 5:30 pm.

My oldest dd Emily is having quite the year. She won Champion Large Fowl Cock & Best in Show with her black Orpington Cock AND Champion Bantam Pullet with a blue Cochin. For the 4-H show, they don't do Best of Breed or Best of Variety. Only Champion LF cock/hen, Champion Bantam Cock/Hen, Champion LF Cockerel/Pullet, Champion Bantam Cockerel/Pullet (and reserve champion for each of those four classes) and then Overall Best in Show & resrve champion of show.

We are usually hanging out around the row with the blue Esprit de Corps 4-H Club signs on top of the cages. Or ask anyone with a 4-H Poultry tag on, for Tamara of Esprit de Corps and someone should be able to point me out.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

Quote:
Oh no! I knew there was a reason I didn't link my Paypal acct to my checking acct. That is what I was afraid of! I got an email from them recently asking me to sign in and do something to keep my account active. I was suspicious, so I deleted it. Did you get something like that from them a while back?

I got that too, but I ignore all those things since I never am sure whatis ligit and what is not. I figure I'll just update the account when I need it.

If I get something like that, I close it, and go straight to the site itself. I never follow links. I did once a looooong time ago. I won't make that mistake again.

Quote:
RECIPE???? Pretty Please????
droolin.gif

I looked at a lot, and kept looking, and deciding based on the ingredients I have at home, - and kinda went with my own -

3/4 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Water
1 tsp Lime Juice
2 cups Cubed Melon only an estimate; it was basically a little over 3/4 of a 5-6 lb melon

Combine sugar, water, and lime juice in a pan or bowl and stir until all is dissolved. Put Melon in a blender/processor, and add the sugar-water mixture. Blend until there are no big lumps or chunks. Pour mixture into an Ice-Cream maker and basically follow the Icecream making instructions.

If you don't have an Icecream maker, you can put the mix into a glass pan and put it in the freezer, mixing it around every ooh 10 minutes. I've never tried it, so I don't know how long it will take, I hear it takes hours though to freeze properly.

Since my melon was overripe, I could have actually done it with less sugar, but, oh well - It's delicious regardless!
wink.png

Last edited:
So how much longer should it take for my Ipod to finish syncing all my song? I have had it plugged in since about 3:30pm and I only have 3320 songs out of 11983 done! Patience is not one of my strong traits!
caf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom