Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
remember, we will be gone starting this Thursday, not back until Saturday the week after that (Nov 26) ... so basically gone until after Thanksgiving

then will need to do some adapting to the not-yet-finished crate coop ... so if someone else needs/wants them ...

Quote:
Best phones I have had is Nokia trac fone's They were cheap and held up good. I even dropped a new one and ran over withthe tractor (accident) and it still worked for over a year.
Thanks for the info.

CR I think I may have a Nokia Tracfone or two, sitting around with the time all used up; all you'd have to do is get a new SIM card from TF ... let me know after we get back

Quote:
Best phones I have had is Nokia trac fone's They were cheap and held up good. I even dropped a new one and ran over withthe tractor (accident) and it still worked for over a year.
Thanks for the info.

CR I think I may have a Nokia Tracfone or two, sitting around with the time all used up; all you'd have to do is get a new SIM card from TF ... let me know after we get back

Thanks but I don't think dat will help see I now have att.

Quote:
So sorry CR that they haven't found him yet. Continued prayers and positive thoughts!!!!
hugs.gif

According to the Columbia paper online, sadly they found his body today. Keeping his family and friends in thoughts and prayers.
sad.png

Darn......just darn.

Quote:
Beautiful birds Sheila. I hope you find good homes for all of them. I'm looking for homes for two cockerels. I would take some of your girls off your hands but have no room for them until these boys are gone. So sad that you have to leave your chooks behind!

Quote:
Give it a nice shower in soapy water, and then bare-root it, spray it down, and repot it entirely. Put a yellow sticky trap in the pot with it so you'll be sure to catch the first sign of reinfestation. Those darned things get just below soil level, and the only way to get rid of them is by getting rid of the soil and making sure there's no hitchhikers.

ARGH- which reminds me, I didn't get my poor naked dendrobium repotted today. I'd do it now except for the whole "don't want to move" part of the equation.

Thanks sweetheart, I knew you'd know.
And remember:
I heard snow level at 100 feet Friday (this was last week) and yesterday they said snow level to 500 feet Friday.
So, moral of the story is do what you gotta do NOW.
I have Lyda rose and her friend , an unknown rose (that was planted here when we got here) potted, and a topping of compost, and in the green house.
I am still thinking I should wrap each large pot in insulation batts (I have some extra pink fiberglass batts)
what do you think of that?
The green house is unheated, but generally is 5-10 degrees above outside temps at night..I do not want their roots harmed.

I spent part of the afternoon cutting back fuchsias and getting them in the greenhouse, also the last of the begonias.

Quote:
Fantastic. DH just stopped by my work and said that he was able to get out of bed and walk himself to his chair today. Looks like he'll be out of ICU by maybe Friday, which is what the Drs were predicting...
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom