Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little worried about this, too. We bought 3 pullets (can't have Roos in the city). Two of them (Americauna and Light Brahma) are getting very big quickly. The Rhode Island Red isn't growing as fast. The Americauna and Light Brahma are chest bumping, too. Ours are 2 weeks old. The bumping shouldn't be a crowded issue, in our brooder, either. They are in a 2.5' x 4' kennel. The Americauna is roosting on things, too. Her latest is sitting on top of the feeder. I'm really worried I'm going to end up with one lonely hen out of this. I'm hoping the Rhode Island Red is a runt (can chickens have runts?) - or that the other two might actually be a little older than what we were told.

So some people will say no, but I say yes. I had 10 chicks when I first started that were sexed when I got them. 5 roos came home. It was hard but with in a year all but 2 were gone.

welcome-byc.gif

Gosh every time I get on we have new People Welcome everyone. My son works in Cov so I go that way often and my husband works in Renton. We use to live in Kent and moved to Enumclaw 12 years ago. Love it out here.

So we all need to make a date and get together since there are so many of us in the area..

Dawng do you sell a lot on this site? Ive never tried it before, looks like we have kind of the same things. Hubby wanted me to stay home this year and not travel to all the shows. So I have tons of stuff. I do have two stores that asked me to bring things in to sell will have to go and see if they still want them. Are you doing any shows?

I have Sizzle and my Cream Legbar that go into lock down tomorrow
fl.gif
hope they all hatch but sure that not all the Legbar didn't develop. Have to ck again and see..
I have a few Splash Orp chicks that are a week old that need new homes and a few black ones too.

Better get busy we are taking the youngest son to see a movie today.

Popping in real quick to say hello to all the new folks!!!
frow.gif

And a HUGE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

To Kim!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Hope you have a fabulous day!!!

Did you get that Rat Zapper you wanted!!!! LOL!!!
yippiechickie.gif

PS: Where did the sun go?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Wanted to let local folks know, we're headed up to the Everson auction tomorrow, so if you have poultry that need to go - we can take them for you. You need to bring them to my home in Rolling Hills by 9:30 Monday morning, so we can get them packed up (they'll need their own box or cage). PM for additional details, I'll be around to answer questions and give directions this afternoon - somewhat spotty online tomorrow morning before we head out.

Hello, I'm in Ellensburg. Really want some silkies, can't have roos in town tho. also looking for button quail.

Kathy b.

frow.gif

And a HUGE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

To Kim!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

yippiechickie.gif

PS: Where did the sun go?!?!?!?!

Thanks Tamara!
Just have to share:
I got a screaming deal on an "Ark" type tractor coop yesterday! You know the ones that are advertised on here, Handcrafted Coops. I got it for $200. It's 8 feet long, 4.5 feet wide and about 4 feet tall. The husband made it from pictures and he did an incredible job. Made a lot of upgrades for predator proofing too. The ones online for around the same size are $600-$700. It's perfect for the silkies that Tamara is going to be hatching for me.
wee.gif
I am going to replace the plywood floors(they slide in and out for easy cleaning) and disinfect it with bleach and water and then in another week or so I will treat it with Oxine in my fogger. I am also going to replace the roost. They used a branch, and I like 2x3's turned on the wide side. I will take pictures. I have been looking for one on Craigs List forever. Most have been smaller and too far away. This one was only 15 min away. SCORE!!!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
frow.gif

And a HUGE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

To Kim!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

yippiechickie.gif

PS: Where did the sun go?!?!?!?
YES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

KIM
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

Wheres Jeff taking you out to DINNER for your B.D. ??? I'm taking Kala (my dog) out to dinner for your BD !
hugs.gif
told the DW she can come along if she wants
fl.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Gosh every time I get on we have new People Welcome everyone. My son works in Cov so I go that way often and my husband works in Renton. We use to live in Kent and moved to Enumclaw 12 years ago. Love it out here.

So we all need to make a date and get together since there are so many of us in the area..

Dawng do you sell a lot on this site? Ive never tried it before, looks like we have kind of the same things. Hubby wanted me to stay home this year and not travel to all the shows. So I have tons of stuff. I do have two stores that asked me to bring things in to sell will have to go and see if they still want them. Are you doing any shows?

I have Sizzle and my Cream Legbar that go into lock down tomorrow
fl.gif
hope they all hatch but sure that not all the Legbar didn't develop. Have to ck again and see..
I have a few Splash Orp chicks that are a week old that need new homes and a few black ones too.

Better get busy we are taking the youngest son to see a movie today.

I have never tried selling anything but chickens until today; but things are going well so far =) I have been working towards opening an Etsy store - but with a full time job and kids it's taken me a while to get all the pieces together. It was pretty easy to set up a listing here. I encourage you to do it so I can try some products too! I don't purchase any soaps, shampoo, or laundry detergent at the store anymore for three big reasons. First - I want to lessen my use of plastic - if you want to see why, search for the great pacific garbage patch. Second - I wanted to know what was in my personal care products - for too many reasons to list here - but the Story of Cosmetics tells the story pretty well. Third - I want to support people - not corporations. No link
smile.png
it just makes sense to me.

good luck with your hatch!
dawn

Today has been a lot of work and fun =)

I bought my nine-year-old son the Wreck this Journal book. He has been having so much fun with it. He just got out of a tree after "dropping it from a high place" and is now peeling all the stickers off our fruit to add to the pages. It took a bit of coaxing the first time it told him to rip out a page - but now he has gotten the hang of it. I highly recommend this book for older boys and/or girls!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom