Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just might take you up on that! My DW said just last week she would like to take a ferry ride. Would Sunday work? I'll PM you later tonight
thumbsup.gif
We're home Sunday. We can meet you at the ferry if it's either before or after the little one's afternoon nap time. I'll hold off washing the eggs to save 'em for you :) I know Bob's doing his job since two hens just hatched three babies and the preschool hatched 6 eggs in the incubator.

Are those ducks in your profile pic? I'm seeking honest opinions on keeping ducks. My husband is convinced they're mean and messy. I'd kinda like some duck eggs, but I don't want mean and messy. They'd have to be enclosed like the chickens, too.

Oh CL it happen's all the time I have girls that give us quads thats right 4 kids at one time ( well they come out one at a time
gig.gif
) So what a morning I woke to my husband telling me we had a baby goat outside
barnie.gif
and it wasnt the one due to kid. So my great LGD was next to mom and baby keeping all the other animals away from them and also them up against the barn to keep them dry. I do love my Tapaul she is one great girl. So I have a Tog Nubain cross again. Have to ask a few people around here first but I need to get them a home. Oh the talk with my son also he said to let more of the girls go so guess thats what Im going to be doing. I love baby goats they are so darn sweet!
Oh me too ! Love them ! But cannot have any...no fence, too wilderness thick woods & have alot of poisonous plants...

Insulation in your part of the state is not necessary. Drafts are bad tho - so keep that in mind. As long as you can provide the chooks with protection from the wind and rain, they will do quite well. One additional thing to keep in mind is ventilation. IMHO, it is more important in the winter when the birds spend more time indoors. If you see condensation inside the coop, you don't have enough air exchange. Make more vents.

Dave
We do full insulation here, as it is COLD amost all year, if not cool.
Condensation is the issue, and a single walled coop gets so much condebsation from both breath and poop that the uninsulated walls can be covered in black mold, mind you our humidity here is very very high as well !
All the coops we have her on our fledgling farm are double walled, OSB/plywood with 2x4 framing and at least R-14 insulation to prevent that.
Birds breathe.............breath goes to cold walls............molds can kill.

Howdy to those I haven't seen here for a while. Good to see ya.

OK lunch is over I am back to the demolition!!! Wish me luck with the swarm capture on coal creek.
I wish you luck there & wish you could find my swarm !!!
And all this after I gave you my bee net hat.........and the suit.........sheesh.........I should buy another MY SIZE (petite LARGE) LOL
lau.gif

They most likely came from inside a tree. NORMALLY they won't go much beyond a couple hundred yards. See the queen is not in condition to fly much. She will make one mating flight and then spend the rest of her life in the hive laying 1000's of eggs everyday! Of course bees don't always read the same books we do, so some times they do some really weird stuff (by our standards). Speaking of I got a call and will be going to catch a swarm here in a couple hours.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
Oh see ? There is Swarms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last year there were none until late summer/fall.............so let's all hope the bees do well this year !!!!!!!!!!!

My wyandotte hatched 2 chicks out of seven eggs last Saturday. she had trouble staying on the eggs, she liked to go socialize too much

Now my speckled sussex is broody
rant.gif
and I don't have any fertile eggs to put under her
barnie.gif

Where's Tamara when Ya NEED her
hu.gif
....... IN Cobo
gig.gif
hope she is having a good time
thumbsup.gif

Anyone have 6 to 8 fertile eggs they want to sell???
bow.gif
I have some you can have at !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom