Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for the compliments.
I go from a really 'washy' watercolor to extreme detail, but have no room to paint right now in the tiny cabin and new homestead with all the projects going.
I would love to see Nyrial's paintings and others.
I gave up trying to learn to knit and have decided when I have the house built, to build a loom and weave, and get fiber/hair goats.
My mother is in Abderdeen area fiber guild, she buys fleeces, washes, cards, spins and dyes her wool, then cranks out the socks, scarves, hats and sweaters.

And she is pushing 80 yo !
I hope I can weave.
Anyone else post a talent ?
Now I have got to go dig post holes for the pole barn
sad.png
My back hurts just thinking about it.
To all:
We are on practically bare land and in search of windows, a few doors, lumber and fencing (like everyone else probably)
Update: Splash Marans in new bator doing excellent at 99.5 and 30-37% humidity !!!!!

Quote:
Why would a husband care if you had koi?
roll.png

I just have some pond comets and my pond is not big enough to have Koi but I just love them. I show rabbits and if I had the time I would show chickens if I had some that would be good show chickens. Do people show barnvelders???
wink.png

Well, we did not just have a few koi, we had 2 small (2700 gallon) ponds, then the fish got too bag, so dug a 4800 gallon pond, then they spawned !
So I researched and learned to collect the eggs and hatch, then raise the fry, and so had little swimming pools and big 300-500-800 gallon tanks everywhere with pumps and 55-gallon barrel filters on each, and a waterbill and power bill to match. The fish got so big we were feeding prawns !
If ill, the medication to treat 5000 gallons is astronomical !
It takes years to grow them and you never fully recover your investment in a place that has such expensive water and power (NorCal) Even after we put $16K worth of solar panels on the roof...16 big panels.
Go to Photobucket,com and enter 'Chickielady' to see the koi years album.
Nothing in moderation !

Quote:
Ione like NE washington (by Newport?)
Beautiful place !
I am from Old Town, ID, and had to go to Cal for a few years, now am BACK! and you could not pay me enough to go back.

Quote:
Join a weavers guild to learn how I would guess. I have a friend who splits her time between Port Angeles and Aberdeen. I will ask her if she belongs to the guild your mom does.

I knit, crochet and bead. Just not alot lately.

Talking about working in the yard is killing my back just thinking of it. I do have my own work to do but want to delay it.

Quote:
I haven't had time to paint for years
sad.png
Sure do miss it.
ETA: Although my fiber arts skills are nothing to brag about. I stick out like a sore thumb in my family there. Mom and both sisters sew, knit, crochet and/or do other things to varying degrees, I can barely sew a straight seam.

Me too ! My Mom can watch TV and in ten minutes knit a gorgeous sock or hand quilt or machine quilt and I cannot do that at all. I can patchwork, but have to tie my quilts.
My gig, is professional watercolor artist, specializing in all critters in fur, feathers or fins.
I do not have a web site, nor time to set one up, but here is some pictures of some paintings https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/50801_owls.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/50801_crystal_waters_006.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/50801_blue_eyed_american_beauties.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/50801_bob_001.jpg
now I better quit cuz this is not the appropriate thread for arts and crafts.
Later, I have post holes to dig !

Those are WONDERFUL!

Chickielady
Oh my gosh love them all!
My thing I have a few like to paint (but wont show you
gig.gif
) I like tatting and bobin lace and just about anything. But no time with the animals and work.
Other past time Goats (oh have 4 going to new home today sad but happy nice girls is getting them) and of course chickens.

Hi Everyone
frow.gif

First, Welcometoall the newbies. This is a great place to be!
welcome-byc.gif

Next, Beautiful artwork! I am glad you shared it with us!

Ok so I had to miss the show, but hopefully I can see it next year. I was hoping to see if anyone on here has Turkins(Naked Necks) also I am looking for standard Cochins so if anyone out there has any PLeeeeaaaaasssseee let me know. I am still sad about losing all my babies but want to get more and try again......

Everyone enjoy this bautiful sunny day!!

Goats and chickens must go together well, it seems like lots of us on BYC have those animals.

When I was a kid I lived in the city and dreamed of having a horse. Now I live in the country in my middle age and I'm happy with my dogs, cats, chickens, goats and ducks.

I think the Washington climate is what turned me off on horses, they were always so muddy! Or at least all winter.

Will they just came and picked up all 8 baby boys, its nice becasue I know the them from last year. So they said they wanted all of them
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Its so nice out side I sat on a rock and tried to pull weeds than my husband spoted me and yelled at me. So I had to stop
tongue.gif

I just got 6 baby Americana's (or EE I don't care) and a brown barred rock baby...
I just love them!
I cleaned out the coop and yard even tho they are too young to go out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom