Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest thing to watch was the way they treated my son with a disability. I know there will be people who will disagree with the way I feel but those are my experiences and everyone has their own. Every school district is different. There are horrible teachers that have tenure and you can't get rid of them no matter what. My kids did occasionally have an exceptional understanding loving teacher and I always hoped each year they could at least get one good teacher. My heart would drop when they'd come home and I would ask them how they liked their new teacher or how was their day. They would say things like, all my teacher did was yell all day. She's always screaming at everyone. What kind of learning environment is that? There was a few teachers in High School that my son had a hard time getting to the class on time because it was on the other side of the school from his last class. The teacher had a policy if you get to class late she would lock the door. I understand it's disruptive to have kids show up late but locking them out only leaves the kids with nothing to do and opens them up to find trouble. My husband works for the school district in HVAC and whenever he's walking through the halls and sees kids locked out of their class he unlocks the door for them and lets them in. Teachers get mad. LOL. My kids are graduated now, thank the Lord, but we won't forget the negative experiences our kids had. If my DH can help a kid get into class instead of wandering the halls and finding trouble he's going to do it. I could go on and on about the bad experiences my kids have had. We would go right to the principal several times and have countless meetings. All we ever got was teachers, principals and staff all defending each other therefore making any problem the parents and child fault. They never took any responsibility for issues. I know, I sound like 'one of those' parents. But people who are gaga over supporting teachers, you have no idea. The next time teachers are on strike, waving their signs for a raise on the street corner, I'm going to run them over.

Quote:
I have read on here that sometimes they zip thru a blood vessel and can bleed to death. I would guess that if they poked a hole in a big one it could happen

so sad...all that work to get so far and then to zip through the wrong place and bleed out. Poor baby.

Quote:
My DW's brother is a teacher. I listen and watch him and think "and people like this are creating our future? Scarry" And then there was one of my instructors in college. He stood up there and read it straight out of the book. There were people that would come in find out what section to study for friday then go to sleep. And they passed the class. And then there was the "Professor of Welding". He told us "if you can get the book great but if not thats ok just take notes of what I write on the board." I had the book but never needed it. I took notes and that was it never looked at the book and never looked back at the notes. And did I pass well yes but I only got a 4.0

Yes, but are you ready to go up to the front of the room and turn your back on thirty thirteen year olds, let alone trying to communicate with them, every day?

Everybody has had some bad teachers, and they are memorable: what impresses me is the number of really good ones who stick with the job in the face of societal abuse and having to deal with the effects of every social problem that exists, every day, all at once.

Quote:
My DW's brother is a teacher. I listen and watch him and think "and people like this are creating our future? Scarry" And then there was one of my instructors in college. He stood up there and read it straight out of the book. There were people that would come in find out what section to study for friday then go to sleep. And they passed the class. And then there was the "Professor of Welding". He told us "if you can get the book great but if not thats ok just take notes of what I write on the board." I had the book but never needed it. I took notes and that was it never looked at the book and never looked back at the notes. And did I pass well yes but I only got a 4.0

Oh, congrats on your 4.0! Almost forgot what that was!

Quote:

Yes, but are you ready to go up to the front of the room and turn your back on thirty thirteen year olds, let alone trying to communicate with them, every day?

Everybody has had some bad teachers, and they are memorable: what impresses me is the number of really good ones who stick with the job in the face of societal abuse and having to deal with the effects of every social problem that exists, every day, all at once.

I agree that can be difficult and kudos that they stick with it but most need to find a way to deal with it without their frustrations negatively impacting the kids. It's the ones who don't have what it takes and still stay that are the problem. If they can't handle it they need to find another job.

Good morning! Can I jump in here and introduce myself? After all, I am a Washingtonian! Living in Lebam to be exact and love it! My name is Ellen, and we live on 8 acres.
Here is my coop and the brooder is on the left hand side of it. The huge chicken on the fence came from a egg farm in Winlock. I have 7 adult peeps, and 4 pullets. The four pullets haven't been integrated with the older ones yet, but they all have been introduced. (They all share the fence in between their runs.)
We also have 4 guinea's, 4 goats, 2 dogs and 3 cats.
My coop is a tuff shed - we had it built on sight. (My husband and I aren't builders, and needed something nice looking since it is one of the first things you see when you park the car in the driveway.)
95264_coop.jpg

fl.gif
hoping the photo thingybob works!

Quote:
I had to look Triploid up. I did not know of this variety of trout.

I believe they are equivilent to the Cornish cross inthe chicken world. They eat a lot. They are a hybrid I believe. Big and fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom