Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. I tell you, every time I look at our EE I think "what the heck?" Good grief. We just got home from being gone all day, and she looks bigger still! I thought for sure the EE was supposed to be the smallest of our three. I thought the Light Brahma would be biggest, the Rhode Island Red would be next, then the EE. Right now, the EE is biggest, then the Brahma and my Rhode Island Red is tiny in comparison. When they were fuzzballs, they all started out about the same size.

My EE's are the same way! Even though my other breeds are supposed to be much bigger, the EE's are huge right now. It'll be interesting to see how that works out, especially since one of them (Pocky) is doing her darndest to become the top hen -- she's making mad dashes at the others, to see if they shy away or run. So far most of them do, except the Barred Rock (who's about the only one as big as she is) and she's having some trouble with her sister, Goldie, who's nearly her size, but a bit more docile. It'll be interesting to see if she really gets the top of the pecking order or not.

Welcome =) I'm a newbie too ;) I used to live down that way kinda (Graham).. I loved it over there =) You'll love the lil Barred's they are too cute in personality =) I bet the lil silkies & australorp are cute lil birds. Sadly we didnt get my mothers Silkies - tho we really dont need anymore birds...hahaha we have a full house as it is...lol

I grew up in graham out on 304th... had ducks and chickens which i loved I hated the geese though.

Tell me this wouldn't terrify you.

Oh my goodness! That is SO CUTE! Love it! It's the "Back to Sleep" baby chick.
jumpy.gif

Being a new chicken owner, I'm sure I'll have my own stories to tell in the future. So far, my biggest challenge has been three little pasty butts that I ended up having to wash. That was scary. I didn't want them to get too cold when I dipped their butts in warm water. My Rhode Island Red had it the worst - thought I was going to lose her. I'm so glad she came through OK. We were back at the store we bought our three chicks today and I noticed that LOTS of the chicks they had in the brooders had pasty butt. Poor little babies!

Quote:
Jessica - CONGRATS on the new car! Enjoy your new ride.

jumpy.gif

Being a new chicken owner, I'm sure I'll have my own stories to tell in the future. So far, my biggest challenge has been three little pasty butts that I ended up having to wash. That was scary. I didn't want them to get too cold when I dipped their butts in warm water. My Rhode Island Red had it the worst - thought I was going to lose her. I'm so glad she came through OK. We were back at the store we bought our three chicks today and I noticed that LOTS of the chicks they had in the brooders had pasty butt. Poor little babies!

Thanks! I can't wait to get out in the morning, install 3 car seats, and go for a drive!

That's so sad about the pasty butt girlies in the feed store. Big bummer! Hope they get the attention they need.

jumpy.gif

Try putting a clump of grass with soil still attached in your brooder. I've read that it will help with the paste but. My chick with the broody never have paste but and they can go out doors.

And it gets them used to stuff they will find outdoors.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Just checking in....been really busy (what's new!?!) Had a garage sale this weekend...got rid of some baby clothes...made enough money for a (giant) box of diapers and a 6-pack of beer for DH! LOL

Audrey's had what we thought was a diaper rash since Friday, turns out it was a YF from (we think) spending too much time in the exersaucer at the babysitter's? So now we've got that figured out and she woke up with a bad cold this morning. Poor thing! So now she's extra fussy. Sighs.

I think I have my bantam Houdans sold (for the second time)...so we'll see....I'm going to be holding my breath until they're paid for and they actually are gone! LOL I need their space for my dun laced Wyandottes, so I hope they move fast!

Anyone interested in some REALLY nice American Buff goose hatching eggs? I'm going to list them on eBay this morning if I have no one on BYC interested....they're proven show birds. I bought them at the Cascade show from Sheryl Butler.

Asking $15/egg + $16 s/h. I'd consider some trades for other hatching eggs....

Hi all;
Been busy as dog show season is heating up. But I have had time to collect and sell some eggs, and now I have 24 eggs in the hatcher that are due to pop in the next couple of days. I have extras if anyone is interested. Asking $15 per chick. These are 100% English BBS Orpingtons. PM me if you want more info. Thanks. Below are a few pics of the parents...

Hi all;
Been busy as dog show season is heating up. But I have had time to collect and sell some eggs, and now I have 24 eggs in the hatcher that are due to pop in the next couple of days. I have extras if anyone is interested. Asking $15 per chick. These are 100% English BBS Orpingtons. PM me if you want more info. Thanks. Below are a few pics of the parents...

So beautiful!

Looks like my gf's broody hen is still hatching those babies! Out of the 7 good eggs we put under her, at least 4 have hatched. Yesterday I saw 2 Dorking chicks and today there are 2 Salmon Faverolles. Looking pretty cute!

She had to help a couple get back up underneath their momma this morning -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom