Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, off chicken subject: David MADE IT!!!!! Graduation last night. We knew he would graduate...Tuesday at 3...that is how close he cut it.

David with sisters Alisha and Linda. Linda was adopoted by another family here in town - when this happened some 11 years ago (crimey time goes fast) it was suppose to be 30 day re-unification - never happened. So David - and his 2 siblings we adopted - have 1 other sister and 1 other brother adopted by another family - they are still in contact and we are all glad of this. Jason (other brother) did not come to graduation.

David with brother Jacob:

Congrats to David!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Rainwolf  your trio   is gorgeous - Cream Caramel is my favorite.  They are good enough to eat

Thank you they are very sweet girls

Just for the record....I have 26 baby seramas right now.  Just for estimate sake....let's say half are cockerels. I will be keeping probably 5 cockerels....by this fall I will need to rehome some. If anyone is looking.  I want to let them grow out so that I can see who I want to keep. I have babies with 4 different lineages so I am going to be setting up trios/quads from each group.  whoever I dont want to keep will be sold.

RW - Your Seramas are VERY pretty!  My 4 Seramas are 4 weeks old today.  I've got 2 boys and 2 girls which is pretty good, but I only wanted to keep two nests so I'll probably need to find a couple of more girls to go with each boy.  I'm guessing that's not going to be easy since everyone needs to find homes for their boys and usually want you to take a pair!

I will ask mom if she is selling the girls yet... But I know she would want them to go to someone who would love and spoil them. :)

I also have several chicks that I need to rehome. Problem is I think they are all roosters!!! What do you guys do with all your roosters when you hatch?

What about broody hens? I have 5 broody hens right now and I just cant hatch anymore. .

Rooster either go for food or I give to someone who needs food and teach them how to process

You can break broodies by putting them in a wire floor coop with no nest boxes and nothing but a simple roost. I have my "juvenile" coop that if I get to many broodies I toss them into the coop. It is raised with a wire floor and no place for them to "nest" once they stop being broody you just put em back with the main flock... if they start brooding again toss em back to the no broody cage!

Living in Puyallup, right next door to the fair. Raising a dog, 2 cats, 8 Bobwhites, 2 Buff Orps, 2 Silkies, 1 Americauna, 4 daughters and a son. and 4 eggs in the cooker for a hatch day in 14 days.

I have quail eggs that are fertile and I will give away to anyone close enough to stop by or meet at Dells by the tracks. Just PM me and we can arrange it.

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't hinting that I wanted yours! (Or was I?...
tongue.png
) But keep me in mind if you're ever looking for a good home for them. These babies get held and loved on everyday.

Heya Everyone,
I know this is not chicken related but I just thought I'd ask....

I am trying to get my photography going again so I can make a little money to continue to repair house and home. If anyone with facebook could like my page and spread the word I would be very grateful!
Before the economy took a nose dive I was making enough to continue my remodeling/repairs on the house, now it looks like things are going back up so I'm trying to "advertise" my photography again.
www.facebook.com/rainwolfstudios
I'm rebuilding my shop too at www.artfire.com/rainwolf as well but its slow going as I organize and test print before I list online.

Thanks everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom