Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it looks like there is a very good chance "Chicken Little" is or has a lot of OEGB. However keep in mind that if ya take away all the pretty colors and they all look the same to me. I am no pro and I don't see the whole type/conformation thing.
idunno.gif

Great! Thanks! I like knowing what I have.

Is anyone in the Seattle area interested in having my speckled sussex? She's a beautiful bird, nearly a year old, and seems to be laying fine. (I'm not entirely sure which chicken is laying which egg). Unfortunately, she has a problem with pecking my 2-year-old. PM me if interested.

Wow, it was almost easy to catch up today !
So many out enjoying the sun ???

I am surfing the web looking for more stuff for the house:
Heating systems....one for with power, and a back up for with out power, then a water heater system...in-line or conventional tank ?
We will get a propane tank set, so will have propane for Range cook top and heat system...and in line on demand hot water....

Anyone here have an LPG on demand hot water system please PM me if you like it or not.
I am not sure I want to go there with the high winds we can get out here on the coast...may blow out the flame enough to make life miserable.....that said, electric conventional tank would be the other choice...........what else, oh yes, electrical lights, fixtures gotta pick some out.

All this stuff has to be priced (including any permits & labour) and totalled & sent to the bank for our owner/builder loan to finish up the structure.
Ok back to shopping for me.
We do not have our helpers here again until Saturday to help stand up the last wall .
DH is fixing a passagway framed 3 feet too close to a wall...has to sawzall out a few studs & move the passageway over.
Other than that, it is lookin' good !
thumbsup.gif

What about running extra wiring to the heat source & refrigerator from the generator ? Better than running extension cords through the house in a storm~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why not just put in a transfer panel. Then when the power goes out you can run the generator and ONLY transfer CRITICAL circuits. NOW is the time to set it up while everything is easy to get to. You can buy ready made transfer panels or make them using a sub panel.

Brother says the company gave the union the contract for 98K 2 months ago and they refused it, and went out on strike anyways.
Now they have reconsidered the 2 month old contract, but since they did not accept it in the first place, and DID strike, all the drivers who went on strike lost the company's $2000. contract signing bonus, and 2 weeks pay while they were out on stike.
this is the 3rd time the union has voted to strike and the drivers once again have gained nothing, and lost wages while picketing.
he says teamsters union reps are a joke, and misadvise drivers and workers, and the workers & drivers loose so much in the process.

All of this drama & loss could have been spared if the nuts had signed the contract 2 mo ago AND they all would have had a $2000. contract bonus on their paychecks.
Dumb Bunnies !
GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! I better not say any more!
It's OK to laugh. As soon as I got home I put sting-eze on and it is nearly gone. Actually honey stings aren't too bad. I would rather take the 14 I got a couple weeks ago than 1 wasp/hornet. Now them suckerz hurt ! ! !!
MAN DO I HAAAAATE WASPS! I'VE BEEN ACTIVELY FIGHTING PAPER WASPS LAST SUMMER AND THIS ONE. HUBBY GOT STUNG ON HIS SHIN AND IT SWELLED TO APPLE SIZE! NASTY BUGGERS!! I HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO SEE MORE BEES THIS YEAR, THOUGH!!
I have Silkie babies for sale. I have 4 splash and 2 black and the rest blue. I also have a barred sex-link male chick that needs to find a home. He will hopefully get the little silkie mix tuff on the top of his head.

AWWWW, I WANT THEM!! UNFORTUNATELY, I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR TO GET SILKIES AS I'M OVERLOADED WITH MY VARIOUS CHICKIES RIGHT NOW. GUESS I BETTER GET TO MOVING ON DOWNSIZING!
When I have extra eggs (maybe once or twice in the last year? I hatch too much!) I charge $5 per dozen. I also feed Scratch & Peck organic - not so cheap.

When I help sell friends non-organic eggs, they go for $4 per dozen or $3.50 for two dozen (mostly to encourage them to pick up more than one dozen.)

I'm close to Seattle - probably a lot different on the dry side of the state.
YEP, THEY ARE AROUND 2.50/DZ AROUND HERE. THEY ARE PRETTY EASY TO COME BY IN THIS AREA. ALTHOUGH, IN THE STORE "CAGE-FREE" ARE AROUND $3.50.
Well I have sent resumes to Wisconsin and Chicago today. So why not Washington?
How is the job market out there?
Any need for an engineer or ecologist? I have degrees in both.

Hey Raz,

I would expect Hanford to be interested in someone with a degree combination like yours. Maybe this site http://www.hanford.gov/page.cfm/DOEHRM will be helpful.

Good luck,

Dave
HANFORD SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE HIRING...AND LAYING OFF...PEOPLE AROUND HERE. YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY CHECK OUT LISTINGS AROUND HERE THOUGH AS THOSE QUALIFICATIONS SEEM TO ALWAYS BE IN DEMAND IN SOUTH EASTERN WASHINGTON.

Not really, but remember you cannot show a bird with clipped wings, and it does limit the bird' s ability to flee predators.
The cut flight feathers can also be sharp should the bird flap at you it can scracth you up.

REALLY sharp. Ive actually bled from a clipped wing that flapped on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom