wasps and spiders

creedatticus

Songster
Apr 16, 2022
Provo, Utah
barfhow do you keep wasps and spiders from living in the chicken coop? i live in utah where there are lots of both. there is already a wasp nest in a little bin where we put shaving and food, and there are a few strands of spider webs that i got rid of with the hose, and it has only been built for about 2 weeks! (i hate spiders :confused:). how do we stop those two bugs from living in the coop?

barfhow do you keep wasps and spiders from living in the chicken coop? i live in utah where there are lots of both. there is already a wasp nest in a little bin where we put shaving and food, and there are a few strands of spider webs that i got rid of with the hose, and it has only been built for about 2 weeks! (i hate spiders :confused:). how do we stop those two bugs from living in the coop?
Spiders are good. They can stay if you’ll tolerate it. I just kill the wasps with a flyswatter and break away their nests.

I noticed the wasps stopped building inside the coop when I put the half inch hardware cloth over the openings. They could get through it but had to fly to it, stop on it, crawl through, then fly on their way.

I like the paper wasps around. They've always been very mild mannered and interesting to watch. I also like how many aphids they eat.

Back
Top Bottom