Watch Your Paypal! All of my money is GONE! :(

Quote:
I am alerted as soon as money is there and I move it immediately. It takes a couple days for it to hit the bank account, but the funds are tied up in the meantime and cannot be touched.

I have a Paypal debit card so I don't have to move it. It helps a lot, I usually can't wait for it to go to the bank. Also, my bank account linked to paypal is a savings and they charge me for any withdrawals over 3 in a quarter. I use my paypal money for buying feed so it's not like I can leave it in the bank.

I guess I am just lucky. As for withdraws yes they will charge me, but not if I transfer to another account.

I went to the PayPal website & found this:

Did you find a suspicious charge, an error, or some other unauthorized transaction in your account? Report it within 60 days of when it appeared in your account history statement and PayPal will protect you with $0 Liability for Eligible Unauthorized Transactions.

Did you report it? Sounds like they may be able to do something about it....

Good luck.
hugs.gif

Quote:
This is exactly what I do, too. The only addition I'd make is, make sure the Paypal account is at a bank different than your other accounts. Your bank should not give them access to your other accounts from that one, but sometimes they screw up or the theif can fudge enough info to trick them into it. You want that paypal account at a bank where it is your ONLY account, so if they get into the 'my accounts' list, they see nothing else but that one account.

Your bank should be able to get your money back. I know someone on another bb this happened to and they got it back. She also got her paypal balance back because she could prove she had not been in Africa (where her thief originated the transactions from) during the time it happened, so it couldn't have been her, so fraud, and they refunded it.

Good luck.

It turns out the money he was trying to take hadn't cleared out of my bank account yet....So then when he tried, I was charged an overdraft fee. Then my bank took money out of my checking account to cover the overdraft + $100.00 which he took.

So I called the bank this morning.....they closed that account, refunded my $20 overdraft and gave me back the $100.00 to my checking account but now it's up to PayPal to fix the rest of the mess.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom