Water bottles -- AWESOME!

Quote:
Funny, they drank from the crocks. Some of the worst one that quite drinking were actually in well ventilated areas.

I do not want to turn this into a debate about it. My intentions were to let people know it happens so they are aware of it so if their birds/animals stop drinking from them they can get a dish in there to prevent dehydration and/or death from dehydration.

I love the water bottles. I only use them though in the brooders. once they go outside, they get the "big kid" waterers.
wink.png
the bottles are great
ya.gif
and much cleaner. all i do is the squeeze technique and once they hit it, they are hooked.
big_smile.png
one thing to remember is if you have standard chicks and bantam chicks together, make sure you put the bottle low enough for the bantams to reach.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
not to highjack, but have many new hamster water bottles,left from my old pet shop stock, by the case or singles. For BYC members 1.00 each plus shipping cost.

Dont really need to sale,but if I can help BYC member, be glad to do so.

I tried to get my birds to drink from the water bottle while in a community cage but they would not have any part of it! I moved the birds to some battery cages I built and put the water bottle way up high toward the top of the cage. They saw it drip and immediately took to drinking. It is a very convenient way to water ................. And much cleaner.

Quote:
Wow
I have never had a problem. I watch to make sure each pair understands how to use it.
I am very sorry to hear about your little ones dieing

my rabbits are on an automatic watering system for the last about 8 years - but before that were on water bottles for a few years, and I have never had a problem with them not drinking enough from either. I only use crocks in the winter when things freeze.

I did NOT know that I could use the water bottles for the birds (I have coturnix quail) though - I am thrilled! I ordered some water founts for the pop bottles (and a big bin feeder) from 'gun dog' just yesterday, and now I think I'll just go out and put on a big waterer from the rabbits and try that! I'd love to eventually get an auto watering nozzle for the gravity feed system though, just need to find one that I like for the price!

Karin

Deerman, are they the 16oz bottles? I can kind of see something on the label, but I'm not 100% sure. Do they have balls in the spout? I can't find 16oz bottles around here, unless I pay $8 at the petstore, so I may be interested.

Back
Top Bottom