Water from turtle pond

Rmoran1966

Hatching
Jun 7, 2020
I have a turtle and the pond is going to be where my chickens can drink out of would that get my chickens sick if they drink water from the pond.

It's best if chickens get fresh water every day. How many chickens do you have? I have 10 and just fill up a big dog bowl of water for them and dump it every day.

I agree, fresh water is best.
Chickens don't swim! Fencing them away from ponds is a good idea, and turtles who are carnivores will like chicken too.
Also, some turtles do carry Salmonella, not something you want your chickens to acquire, especially if they are laying hens.
Mary

It's best if chickens get fresh water every day. How many chickens do you have? I have 10 and just fill up a big dog bowl of water for them and dump it every day.
I’m only going to have two or three it’s not real a pond it’s just the bottom of a old fountain I feel it with water every day

So you are making a pond for the turtle and will dump the water every day and refill it?
Will a turtle stay in the pond I am wondering?
If it were my chickens I would still fill up a bowl of water and let them choose which place to drink. I have no clue if it will hurt them if you are refilling daily with fresh water, but I doubt it.

So you are making a pond for the turtle and will dump the water every day and refill it?
Will a turtle stay in the pond I am wondering?
If it were my chickens I would still fill up a bowl of water and let them choose which place to drink. I have no clue if it will hurt them if you are refilling daily with fresh water, but I doubt it.
Thank you I clean out the little pond every morning and add fresh water then I have water for the chickens

Back
Top Bottom