Water is pouring out of my chicks beaks!! HELP

Zayan

Chirping
Oct 9, 2020
So I left my chicks alone for 3 days with and automatic water feeder connected to a bucket which was quarter filled with water. I come back today and I see that all the water is finished. I put more water in the bucket and they start drinking. The are drinking continuously and when I picked one up and tilted it a little, water started pouring from his beak. All the other ones too. What should I do? Take a away their water? PLEASE HELP

So I left my chicks alone for 3 days with and automatic water feeder connected to a bucket which was quarter filled with water. I come back today and I see that all the water is finished. I put more water in the bucket and they start drinking. The are drinking continuously and when I picked one up and tilted it a little, water started pouring from his beak. All the other ones too. What should I do? Take a away their water? PLEASE HELP
This usually happens from dehydration. The chicks will drink so much because they're so thirsty and will overfill their crop, hence why it's pouring out of their beaks. 3 days is a really long time to leave chicks without checking the water. They can topple it, or even drink it all in that span of time. If you can, I'd get someone to check on them next time you have to leave them.

Back
Top Bottom