Water jumpy and dirty chicks

amber91

In the Brooder
Jul 10, 2016
Karachi ,Pakistan
Hello BYC members .i just love BYC alot .it helped me out really much.i am raising 10chicks 5chickens .i am worried about my chicks there first 2 weeks were so healthy .they are getting too dirty day by day and getting sick .i m giving them electrolyte,fruits ,starter feed ,milet and clean water.suggest any idea how should i clean them "

Hello BYC members .i just love BYC alot .it helped me out really much.i am raising 10chicks 5chickens .i am worried about my chicks there first 2 weeks were so healthy .they are getting too dirty day by day and getting sick .i m giving them electrolyte,fruits ,starter feed ,milet and clean water.suggest any idea how should i clean them "
Picture please, both of the "dirty" chicks and of your set up for them. Don't give them fruit at this age. You should just be giving them starter, unless you are letting them free range. No millet either unless you are giving them grit.

Can you also go into more detail on what kind of "dirt" the chicks are soiled with? Is it poop? Is it lice or mites? Are their vents covered in crusty dried poop? That will indeed make them sick as the poop backs up inside because it's blocked from getting out.

If that's the case, you need to soak them in warm water until the poop comes off, make sure they're dried thoroughly, and you might also need to dose them with coconut oil or olive oil to get them pooping again.

Update 9died only 2 are remaining .all suffer with the hell respiratory disease.remainng aslo got it in them .i couldnt help them its so annoying
1f622.png
1f620.png

Back
Top Bottom