water nipples leaking

jjparke

Songster
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Boise
I installed water nipples on the bottoms of buckets but the nipples themselves drip. It's a very slow drip but with three nipples in each bucket they quickly make a mess in the coop. Anybody else have this problem?

I'm not sure if you can take them apart to fix the problem. Try searching the forum for "leaking nipple waterer" or something similar and browse through the results to see if anything there can help you. Best of luck!

I know mine come apart and in the a.m. will see if there is anything special about them like an o-ring or something and will repost. Because mine do not leak.

I installed water nipples on the bottoms of buckets but the nipples themselves drip. It's a very slow drip but with three nipples in each bucket they quickly make a mess in the coop. Anybody else have this problem?
Some of the cheaper vertical nipples are notorious for doing that. I'd either get some that are more heavy duty or go with the horizontal nipples. Susan at Allboutchickens.com lives in your area assuming you're in Boise Idaho??. She could help you with either system.

Back
Top Bottom