water system need help

kkowa

Songster
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Wisconson
I have just got my chicken nipples in the mall today! and im supper excited to use them but I have on little problem what is the best way to get pvc to each of my three cages? they will be stacked on top of each other and it also needs to be heated with the lowest cost possible

Can you post a picture of the cages and how they are going to be stacked. The water source ( bucket, etc.) needs to be higher than the top piece of PVC. You will need a bulkhead to go between the pipe and the bucket. You can then "T" off a pipe to each cage. You will have to cut a whole in the wire for the pipe to pass thru. Then an end is put on the pipe ...I would advise ending each pipe with a screw on cap so that you can flush the pipe if needed. Post a picture so we can look at the situation.

Why couldn't you just do something like this......... From what you wrote I assume that the 3 are stacked on top of one another.

BUCKET
|
|
|
|--------------Nipple ----- Cap at end
|
|
|
|
|
|

That's what I ended up doing but now the bucket leaks what can I do to stop it?

Drain everything and put silicone caulking around the inside and out of the bucket where you made the hole to bring in the pvc pipe. Let it dry really good then fill with water again. If your hole is tight and you silicone it, you should be fine.

Here's one I made this summer.

Back
Top Bottom