Water Wiggler????????

josh

Songster
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Western Kentucky
I have looked at wal mart bought the last one the other day and the kids broke it. No more there. None at the dollar store,dollar tree, or big lots. Don't know where else to look. Is there some where on line to buy them? Not ebay they are to high there.

I just had to keep trying
sad.png

You might look at fleamarkets. Many have small traders selling cheap toys.

Hi Josh!
You might try just measuring air temp at egg height.

-99.5 at egg height for an incubator with a fan
-101.5 at egg height for an incubator without a fan

If the air temp at egg height is right, the internal egg temp will be right too.

Good luck,
Lisa

Quote:
lol .... that is the tricky bit.

Unless the incubator has proportional control heating, the air temp will almost always be higher or lower than the egg temp .... that is why we use water wigglers
smile.png

I can't find them here, either, so I just took a ziploc sandwich bag, half-filled it with water and sealed it after getting all the air out. Put it inside another bag (just in case it leaks, because it will), and fold it in half, taping it together. Then just put your probe between the folds of the baggie. I used a small yogurt container to hold it all, just in case it broke, and it worked like a charm.
wink.png

Good luck!

Hi Twig,
I don't understand what "proportional control heating" means (no explanation necessary. You could explain it, but it's like I tell Hubby when he's explaining his design stuff '"Thanks, but I don't want to hear the details).

I just know that measuring air temps at egg height grows and hatches chicks.
It is unnecessary to *know the internal egg temp* IF air temps at egg height are right.
I remember when the 'water weasel/ wiggler' came into being as an incubator *must have*.
I say the same thing now as I did then --- if you have room in your bator and want to know *just because*, just don't use the 'that reading' as your only measure of temperature.
Good luck,
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom