1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

waterer cups, where to buy?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by secuono, Sep 11, 2011.

  1. secuono

    secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 29, 2010
    Where can I buy just the orange cups? Does anyone sell longer sections w/more cups? Is there a diy on how to make the tubes? Mainly the cutting of the holes I'd need help with. I found one site that sells 18in 2 cup pipe, but that's too short, not enough cups and just not a good price.

    I'm sick of my 1gal white/red waterers, 1 leaks very fast and is now used as a feed scoop. The other two are slowly on their way out and the screw on 1gal is just a pain to move w/o a handle.

    Nipples are no good, I don't like the way they work. The little cups would be better for the very mixed flock I have. From the very large to the wee little ones, bold to very shy. I'd like to make a few rows of these at different heights, all with several cups. My birds like to crowd water at times, so the more cups in a row, the better.

    Is this it??
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. Thommo

    Thommo Out Of The Brooder

    Apr 30, 2011
    Try Ebay, Thats where i got mine, havnt fully put it together yet, or try BEAKTIME, same ppl i think
  3. BellevueOmlet

    BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jul 10, 2010
    I can custom design a cup system for you. Let me know what you want and I can get it out to you.
  4. secuono

    secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 29, 2010
    Do you sell just the cups with w/e they need to attach to the pipe?
    Two 3ft or 4ft pipes[I'd have to go measure the space I have covered for them] w/4-6 cups.
  5. BellevueOmlet

    BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jul 10, 2010
    Yes, I can sell you just the 4-6 cups
  6. rpres61

    rpres61 New Egg

    Sep 6, 2011
    yes hello i got mine from www.cutlersupply.com fast service you get 5 per package item number 4085$ 19.95 also buy item number 4087 $ 4.95 all you do is drill a 5/16 hole in a pvc pipe mount @4087 and screw in the cup its just that simple has to be I did it hope this helpsalso lowes sells a thru wall adpiter so you can run hose down to your new drink cups all for grande total $ 31.00
  7. Barry Natchitoches

    Barry Natchitoches Chillin' With My Peeps

    Sep 4, 2008
    With birds over about eight weeks of age, I just use plastic bowls.

    WalMart was selling plastic cookie "tins" after Christmas -- you know, the kind that you buy and put homemade holiday cookies or candy in, and then give as gifts. They used to all be made of metal, but in the last ten years or so, places like WalMart have been selling plastic ones.

    Well, after Christmas, WalMart went down to half price on their Christmas stuff. And so I got the idea of feeding and watering the chickens with these plastic bowls, so I bought a large quantity of them -- at half price, of course.

    They work great at watering chickens. I put them on cinder blocks in order to raise the level of the bowl (so the birds don't have to stoop down to drink).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by