Waterer ideas?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by sunny & the 5 egg layers, May 3, 2011.

1. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Hello, I am in need of some good homemade waterer ideas. I already looked in the waterer and feeder page on here but I am not a big fan of the nipple waterers. I want something almost like the PVC feeder idea. If you dont know what I am talking about with the PVC pipe idea then follow this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=109158 I really like the PVC pipe idea for the feed. Is there anything similiar for the waterer?

Thank you

2. TN_BIRD

TN_BIRD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    I haven't seen a picture, but it wouldn't be too difficult to make a PVC waterer.

The biggest issue with the waterers is to make sure you get a good seal with the lid so it creates a vacuum.

3. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    I just got hamster water bottles and trained my chicks to drink from them

4. weeders n feeders

weeders n feeders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
  5. Lurach

Lurach Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    Fort Stewart
    Quote:x2
    I use rabbit bottles because they hold more water. And the best thing is that they don't get shavings in them! My chicks all learned how to drink from them easily and have no problems getting water.

6. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I can not imagine using nothing but my nipple waterer, that thing saves me tons of work, and the water is always clean. my chicks were started on a small nipple bucket, and I just purchased a 5 gallon bucket for the hen house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by