Waterer ideas?

sunny & the 5 egg layers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
Hello, I am in need of some good homemade waterer ideas. I already looked in the waterer and feeder page on here but I am not a big fan of the nipple waterers. I want something almost like the PVC feeder idea. If you dont know what I am talking about with the PVC pipe idea then follow this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=109158 I really like the PVC pipe idea for the feed. Is there anything similiar for the waterer?

Thank you

I haven't seen a picture, but it wouldn't be too difficult to make a PVC waterer.

The biggest issue with the waterers is to make sure you get a good seal with the lid so it creates a vacuum.

Quote:
x2
I use rabbit bottles because they hold more water. And the best thing is that they don't get shavings in them! My chicks all learned how to drink from them easily and have no problems getting water.

I can not imagine using nothing but my nipple waterer, that thing saves me tons of work, and the water is always clean. my chicks were started on a small nipple bucket, and I just purchased a 5 gallon bucket for the hen house.

Back
Top Bottom