Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Everyday simple Poultry Fountain

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Water Cups

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • The Nipple Type Waterers

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters
-I live in Minnesota so Yeah it gets pretty darn cold here, and I bet we have a deicer laying somewhere around this old dairy farm.
when i have a few minutes i will get some pictures of my bucket setup.

i drilled a hole through the lid so that i can put a deicer in the bucket.

in the summer, the hole gets plugged with a plastic stopper.

in the winter, i use the same sized stopper with a small hole drilled through the middle to allow the cord for the deicer to go through it.

Large capacity heated dog bowls. They have short cords but I have one of the two on an extension cord and they have both lasted second winter so far. The only problem I have now is the leaves getting on the top of the water. I have nipple waterers and one rubber bucket with heater in the water. They really only use the water bowls.

when i have a few minutes i will get some pictures of my bucket setup.

i drilled a hole through the lid so that i can put a deicer in the bucket.

in the summer, the hole gets plugged with a plastic stopper.

in the winter, i use the same sized stopper with a small hole drilled through the middle to allow the cord for the deicer to go through it.
Yeah, whenever you have the time it would be great to see that waterer.

Large capacity heated dog bowls. They have short cords but I have one of the two on an extension cord and they have both lasted second winter so far. The only problem I have now is the leaves getting on the top of the water. I have nipple waterers and one rubber bucket with heater in the water. They really only use the water bowls.
The only problem is for me it would get pretty dirty real fast, I have silkies and they love to make a mess of what ever I have setup.

you can make your own for much cheaper.

buy a 5-7 gallon bucket along with a pack of horizontal nipples.

drill holes, insert nipples, then drill small holes near the top of the bucket to prevent a vacuum seal. done and done.

if you live where it gets cold, then in the winter, you can drop a deicer in the bucket to keep the water from freezing.

5-7 gallons of water vs 2 gallons means you have to refill the bucket much less frequently.
I use a 20 gallon clear plastic tote with lid with horizontal nipples and a deicer. It only needs filled once every 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom