Waterers for shipping live birds

Three Cedars Silkies

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Gainesville, Fl.
I have been the recipient of a box full of plastic 2 oz. tubes and have added the watering nipple to it to serve as a waterer for birds in transit...especially for those that are being shipped.

I'm not trying to make money from this...just perhaps save a few birds that are delayed more than 2 days in shipping.

I pay $1.27 for the nipples plus shipping and since I got the tubes free I don't have to add that to the cost. I am going to sell them for $2.25 each plus shipping. That's not much $$ to assist in the bird arriving at it's destination alive and not irreparably dehydrated. They are refillable and reusable at home as well...think chicks!!
big_smile.png

I am going to put them in "Everything else for sale".

Since I can only have one post for this, please get the word out to other BYC'ers that you think would be interested.

"Saving shipped birds one waterer at a time!"

9079_waterer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You will attach it inside to the end of the box by poking 2 very small holes and using a nylon tie. I'm sending the tie along with a small piece of the rubberized shelf liner to wrap around the bottle before putting the tie on. That should hold it very snugly.

Back
Top Bottom