I have a auto waterer set up with nipples. I have an insulated igloo 5 gal. water gug set up with a 1/2 " plastic tube going to PVC that has the nipples screwed into it. I keep switching out frozen water bottels to keep the water cool since its been around 100 degrees for some time now in south Texas. When I switch out the frozen bottles I smell kind of an odor to the water, kind of hard to describe the oder. They go through the water in about 5 days. My question is, is this too long before switching to fresh water? also has anyone ever introduced say a cap full of bleach per 5 gallons of water to cut down on water born bacteria/parasites? Would this harm the chickens? When I do switch out their water I clean the jug with bleach and then rinse it out. Thanks in advance for any advise!