Watering

I am a big believer in Automatic Waterer Cups. They have a nice little source of water that the chickens can drink from while beig able to see the water. They do not take up much space in the run or coop and do not leak or drip. My waterer buckets are outside fo the run so I do not have to go into the run to add water. Let me know if you have any questions about setting them up.

I am also interested in how you set yours up. We're getting the waterer cups, it looks like we can do a short length of capped PVC attached to some soft hose tubing which would then attach to a 5 gallon bucket outside, but on top of something so it will be gravity fed, yes? I've also seen one attached to an igloo cooler, which seems smart insulation wise for temperatures that might freeze or be too hot.

I just switched from a normal waterer to chicken nipples recently and LOVE it. Super easy, less mess, less work, less cleaning!;)
enymy9ab.jpg

Last edited:
I am also interested in how you set yours up. We're getting the waterer cups, it looks like we can do a short length of capped PVC attached to some soft hose tubing which would then attach to a 5 gallon bucket outside, but on top of something so it will be gravity fed, yes? I've also seen one attached to an igloo cooler, which seems smart insulation wise for temperatures that might freeze or be too hot.
I made mine from a 5 gallon igloo cooler See It Here

I just switched from a normal waterer to chicken nipples recently and LOVE it. Super easy, less mess, less work, less cleaning!
wink.png

enymy9ab.jpg
I bought six of the water nipples on line and they are awesome. No mess in the water and it stays clean. Just fill up the 5 gallon bucket put the lid on and the chicks took right to it.
Best thing . I am making another one in the morning. I gave one to my neighbor to try. Great invention.

Back
Top Bottom