Watermelon!

Quote:
X2 I could honestly live on that stuff, unfortunately my DW can't pick them very good, so I have to eat them and smile as if their good, just like eating her cooking when we first got married hehehehehe. Wait a minute I do think she burnt some watermelon one time
lol.png

Quote:
X2 I could honestly live on that stuff, unfortunately my DW can't pick them very good, so I have to eat them and smile as if their good, just like eating her cooking when we first got married hehehehehe. Wait a minute I do think she burnt some watermelon one time
lol.png

And this is why I purchase the watermelons.
lol.png

Quote:
This message for Keith you speak of. Is it anything that is going to cause me trouble or a headache in any way?
hide.gif

I'm not sure - does he have a sense of humor?

Quote:
This message for Keith you speak of. Is it anything that is going to cause me trouble or a headache in any way?
hide.gif

I'm not sure - does he have a sense of humor?

Keith has been a cop for 30 years. He has a sense of humor that sometimes leans all the way over to morbid at times.

Last edited:
Quote:
Almost our official watermelon season here...
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
droolin.gif

I am going to try and grow my own this year, got some seeds to start em off in a mini green house thing i bought from bunnings because the southern tablelands has such a short growing season.. so they should be big enough seedlings to plant in late spring... ..Sugar Baby watermelons..

Quote:
Almost our official watermelon season here...
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
droolin.gif

I am going to try and grow my own this year, got some seeds to start em off in a mini green house thing i bought from bunnings because the southern tablelands has such a short growing season.. so they should be big enough seedlings to plant in late spring... ..Sugar Baby watermelons..

You should do alright with the little ones. I usually buy the little ones for myself because DH doesn't like watermelon. The two I bought were huge though, I should have weighed them.

Quote:
lol.png

lol.png

You are seriously missing out then.
wink.png
Unless you're in a place where people grow and sell non-commercial varieties/hybrids, you're seriously missing out. There are some out of this world delicious watermelons not sold commercially, and the stuff at the store -
sickbyc.gif
boring.

Quote:
lol.png

You are seriously missing out then.
wink.png
Unless you're in a place where people grow and sell non-commercial varieties/hybrids, you're seriously missing out. There are some out of this world delicious watermelons not sold commercially, and the stuff at the store -
sickbyc.gif
boring.

I agree the ones sold at the grocery store taste
sickbyc.gif
So did the tomatoes. I say "did" because I can't have tomatoes anymore and they are one of my favorite foods
hit.gif
I hit the farmer's markets or the neighborhood farm stands for the best in produce.

I love watermelon, but for some reason I have been buying them and just dropping them in the "treat spot" as soon as I get the latest one out of the car. It's so much fun to watch the flock decimate the things down to shreds of the outer skin!

There is a local farm near here which grow/sells melons, and I should eat those and just give the store watermelons to the chickens.

.....must remember that......

Back
Top Bottom