Waterproofing chicken coop after chickens already moved in

Yes like Thompson’s water seal for decks ? Could work , looks like the paint is very thinly applied...

Lots of work now ,
But sealants come in clear

Yes like Thompson’s water seal for decks ? Could work , looks like the paint is very thinly applied...

Lots of work now ,
But sealants come in clear
We did one full coat... We r thinking of buying the same paint again, repainting and then adding the sealant... We were trying to save money because between everything, the coop came to about $700 to build, give or take. I guess we should have put one more coat

I know it hurts :) but the wood will last a long time if treated properly...

I feel for you I remember how much our run cost us , I almost cried

We did one full coat... We r thinking of buying the same paint again, repainting and then adding the sealant...
New wood needs more than one coat of paint. Another coat of good exterior paint should help. Thompson's Waterseal is for bare wood, not painted wood.... and not worth beans IME.

This door bottom is allowing the edge of flooring to get wet.
remountng door would help.
0927181157a-jpg.1545000

Well tell my deck that ! We’ve put it on every year to maintain the colour and seal it from mold/mildew.....

This coop has raw wood all over that would benefit from a water sealant . My point is that you could seal it with a clear product and not have to paint again .
I like Thompson’s water seal , and I’ve used it for over 20 years.....we each have an opinion :)

Well tell my deck that ! We’ve put it on every year to maintain the colour and seal it from mold/mildew.....

This coop has raw wood all over that would benefit from a water sealant . My point is that you could seal it with a clear product and not have to paint again .
I like Thompson’s water seal , and I’ve used it for over 20 years.....we each have an opinion :)
We definitely r going to, thanks

New wood needs more than one coat of paint. Another coat of good exterior paint should help. Thompson's Waterseal is for bare wood, not painted wood.... and not worth beans IME.

This door bottom is allowing the edge of flooring to get wet.
remountng door would help.
That part of the floor comes out slightly. The board we put down was like half an inch longer than the frame, so unfortunately I don't hunk there is much we can do about that part :confused:

Back
Top Bottom