Watery pocket under crop area, also near rear end

betsey walters

Hatching
Jul 13, 2022
Hi,
I have a 2 year old olive egger who started acting sick yesterday - very subdued and not interested in pets or food. She has laid an egg within the last 3 days. She is one of 6 in my flock - all others are acting normal. When I picked her up and felt her underbody, she threw up clear liquid. I have her isolated and am about to administer electrolytes, what else should I be doing for her?

Appreciate any and all advice!

Hi,
I have a 2 year old olive egger who started acting sick yesterday - very subdued and not interested in pets or food. She has laid an egg within the last 3 days. She is one of 6 in my flock - all others are acting normal. When I picked her up and felt her underbody, she threw up clear liquid. I have her isolated and am about to administer electrolytes, what else should I be doing for her?

Appreciate any and all advice!
Well, I am very sad to say she just passed in my arms as I was attempting to feed her electrolytes. This was extremely sudden. She was large, healthy feathers, and very friendly/active so I am so surprised she went down so fast. Needless to say I'll be watching the rest of the flock very closely, but if anyone has any ideas of what may have happened to her I would be grateful.

Back
Top Bottom