Watery stool and now gasping and lethargic

Tell the OP how to check her temp and what is should be.

It's good to get a fecal float if you have access to a vet. Not everyone does. The OP de-wormed already, just wanting to clarify what was used. What de-wormers do you use for which types of worms?
Heres an article about dewormers and treatment based on the parasite:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens/
In general I inspect my birds regularly for signs of worms and other infestations. I do not recommend deworming unless you know the parasite. If I had to guess the OP used fenbendazole (sp?) Which is a common broad spectrum dewormer. It treats 4 types of worms but not all.

Why would you want to use Ivermectin pour on when you would still have to handle your birds?
I used Ivermectin pour on long ago and found that it wont treat large roundworms in poultry due to worm resistance. You're better off using Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer. Give it orally to each chicken using a syringe without a needle, that way you know they got properly wormed, no guesswork about it. Either eliminates all types of roundworms.
The only thing mineral oil will do is give your birds the runs.
@Wyorp Rock gave you excellent advice. It would be in your best interest to follow it.
Why would you want to use Ivermectin pour on when you would still have to handle your birds?
I used Ivermectin pour on long ago and found that it wont treat large roundworms in poultry due to worm resistance. You're better off using Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer. Give it orally to each chicken using a syringe without a needle, that way you know they got properly wormed, no guesswork about it. Either eliminates all types of roundworms.
The only thing mineral oil will do is give your birds the runs.
@Wyorp Rock gave you excellent advice. It would be in your best interest to follow it.
I am used to medicating human patients, not poultry. I have an aspiration concern with the oral meds.

Two came from a feed store as chicks, two came as approx year old hens from a farm that was being sold.
I am not sure where the neighbors got theirs.
So sorry for your loss. A necropsy could determine the cause but I understand if you're too upset. One of my favorites died rather suddenly but my fiancee buried her before I got home. I cried for a week over her. Its hard not to get attached

Right now I can’t afford another necropsy. I feed a flock raiser because I have roosters. A bit of scratch grains. They have a feeder with oyster shells and they occasionally get kale or spinach. I stopped feeding meal worms after the visceral gout. As far as doing the necropsy myself I’m not sure I’m up for that. I’d have to study poultry anatomy to even know what I was looking at. My chickens are not pets but they are not exactly livestock either.

Right now I can’t afford another necropsy. I feed a flock raiser because I have roosters. A bit of scratch grains. They have a feeder with oyster shells and they occasionally get kale or spinach. I stopped feeding meal worms after the visceral gout. As far as doing the necropsy myself I’m not sure I’m up for that. I’d have to study poultry anatomy to even know what I was looking at. My chickens are not pets but they are not exactly livestock either.
Necropsy can be expensive.

I do a simple one on my own, taking a look at the organs and reproductive system. If need be, the crop.
There's tutorials out there. The video below is pretty good, further in it does have labels on what things are.
If you decide to do one yourself, then take some photos. We might recognize something you never know.
I do understand, mine are Pet Livestock.

Necropsy can be expensive.

I do a simple one on my own, taking a look at the organs and reproductive system. If need be, the crop.
There's tutorials out there. The video below is pretty good, further in it does have labels on what things are.
If you decide to do one yourself, then take some photos. We might recognize something you never know.
I do understand, mine are Pet Livestock.

I may try this! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom