Watery with dark greyish droppings

StuffedTomatoes

In the Brooder
May 9, 2023
My 13 week old olive egger has been off her game. She’s always been a bit of a loner but the last day, she has been withdrawn and not eating or drinking much if at all. She will come out and walk around with the rest of her flock but won’t forage and explore as is her usual.

[edit] we had three very hot days in the PNW, but she weathered just fine. The last couple of days have been in the high-mid 80s and they have a fan going.

She’s been isolated and still won’t eat or drink. She just droped this and I’ve looked at all kinds of dropping photos and am still unsure. Could this be worms or coccidiosis? What’s the recommended course of action? I have Corid on hand. Her vent is clean, crop feels fine and she’s otherwise alert.
IMG_0896.jpeg

Last edited:
What's her diet?
They’re all getting Fresh Pecks from Grubbly Farms, and black soldier fly larvae as a snack every now and then. They also have two waterers, one with regular plain water and the other with Chicken Elixir from Strong Animals.

They don’t free range although they get to roam around the yard for twenty minutes every other day under supervision.

Just a quick update if anyone comes to this thread with a similar Q! Pullet re-invigorated towards the end of the day after eating and drinking some and now is back to her old self. She started eating once her sister was brought in for company and she watched her eat and drink. She's now been reunited with her mates, and the whole flock was started on Corid. As far as I'm able to tell, her droppings are looking better, and very close to normal. Better safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom