Wazine 17 dosage

Chickenaddict

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
East Bethel MN
Can anyone tell me the correct dosage for the wazine 17 wormer? The bottle only gives the dosage per 100 chickens, I have 2 seperate flocks that need to be treated via 1 gallon waterers. One flock is 8 bantams and the other flock is 4 more bantams. I am horrible at math and would really like to get my chickens wormed before winter, I have never wormed them before so this wi;ll be their first time. Also how long do we have to throw away the eggs after treatment? Thanks in advance

thank you so much pine grove
big_smile.png

My bottle says 2 oz per 2 gallons, which means 1 oz for a gallon of water (which is usually plenty for most us BYCers!). I've used it before with the same ratio and it did the job beautifully (well, it worked...the results were not so beautiful!
sickbyc.gif
).

Use the ratio stated on your bottle. Every drug can come in different concentrations, so if one bottle is 2x as concentrated as another bottle, you have to adjust accordingly.

Chickenaddict, just a note. You do know that Wazine only treats roundworms correct? If it's not roundworms you're dealing with it won't work.

Gristar thanks for the info no i had no clue it only treats round worm, I noticed some poo with bloody fleshy chunks in it the other day so im not sure what kind of worms it is. They free ranged all summer and i have never wormed them so im assuming thats what it is from what i have read. Any advice on what to use that would treat all worms?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom