Wazine 17 dosage

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickenaddict, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Can anyone tell me the correct dosage for the wazine 17 wormer? The bottle only gives the dosage per 100 chickens, I have 2 seperate flocks that need to be treated via 1 gallon waterers. One flock is 8 bantams and the other flock is 4 more bantams. I am horrible at math and would really like to get my chickens wormed before winter, I have never wormed them before so this wi;ll be their first time. Also how long do we have to throw away the eggs after treatment? Thanks in advance

2. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    I'ts one oz wazine per gallon of water, reguardless if i'ts 5 or 100 birds

3. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    thank you so much pine grove [​IMG]

4. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That's not what I read on mine?

It says 2 oz/ 1 gallon of water on mine?

5. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    My bottle says 2 oz per 2 gallons, which means 1 oz for a gallon of water (which is usually plenty for most us BYCers!). I've used it before with the same ratio and it did the job beautifully (well, it worked...the results were not so beautiful! [​IMG] ).

6. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    ufda not looking forward to the results. Must be strong stuff if i only have to treat them for one day and then again in 30 days

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Use the ratio stated on your bottle. Every drug can come in different concentrations, so if one bottle is 2x as concentrated as another bottle, you have to adjust accordingly.

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Chickenaddict, just a note. You do know that Wazine only treats roundworms correct? If it's not roundworms you're dealing with it won't work.

9. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Wazine only comes in 17% and 34%
    Wazine 17- 1 ounce per gallon of water
    Wazine 34- 1/2 ounce per gallon of water

10. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Gristar thanks for the info no i had no clue it only treats round worm, I noticed some poo with bloody fleshy chunks in it the other day so im not sure what kind of worms it is. They free ranged all summer and i have never wormed them so im assuming thats what it is from what i have read. Any advice on what to use that would treat all worms?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by