Wazine and fertility/egg laying rate

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by teddiliza, Sep 28, 2009.

1. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

I noticed after I wormed my flock with wazine, it seemed like my bantams quit laying completely! I have not had a bantam egg for 2 months! And my porcelain d'uccles haven't even started laying yet. Did I unknowingly sterilize them? I've read that wazine is terrible to embryos, I was wondering if it affected the whole reproductive tract. My three heavy breeds are laying just fine. Everyone is just about done molting. I figured I'd worm them while they were molting, is it just a coincidence? I knew they'd slow down after molting but geez! Unless they are hiding eggs....I better fix the fence. I haven't seen any evidence of egg eating.....

Any suggestions?

2. eggfire

eggfire Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Southwestern, IN
    Did you ever find out about Wazine affecting your egg layers? I gave mine Wazine about the 1st week of March and my two Americaunas haven't layed since. I have a Rhode Island that's going strong, but I don't know what the deal is. They could be moulting, but that's just a guess since I don't know what else the problem could be.

3. eggfire

eggfire Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Southwestern, IN
    Oops ... Ameraucaunas..... Guess with it being Independence Day, I have America on the brain.

4. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Wow! Been a long time! My fertility was not affected the following year, but it was almost like my bantams didn't lay until it really cooled off, and then only a short period. It never slowed down my heavy girls. I have Langshans laying right now and it didn't phase them one bit. I hate wasting the eggs, so I've been scrambling them and feeding it back to them.

5. mackenjr01

mackenjr01 Out Of The Brooder

Did anyone's chickens ever start Laing regular aging and how long did it take to get back to normal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by