Wazine Dosage for Large Roundworms

FloridaChick88

Chirping
Jul 7, 2016
I was just out in the coop and noticed poop with 2 large round worms wiggling around in it. I know that Wazine can be used to treat the worms, but I am unclear about the dosage. How much should they be give and for how many days? What is the withdrawal period?

Mix 1 ounce in 1 gallon of water and give it for 24 hours, and then discard it. A smaller amount can be used if they don't drink that much, such as 1/2 ounce in 1/2 gallon. The chickens will drink what they need at that ratio. Be aware that wazine only treats round worms.

Thank you! You are always such a big help! I just let the girls out and had the medicated water waiting for them. Do I need to re-dose them in a few days or is one dose for 24 hours enough?

I'm also curious as to what to expect as far as their droppings go. Am I going to be seeing dead worms in their poop? Do the worms that come out pose any threat to the girls? Sorry for so many questions, I'm still very new to chickens.

You will want to re dose them in 10 to 14 days.
You may see a lot of worms and you may not.
I personally would not let them re eat the worms, I'd pick them up. :sick

Ok. Is it alright to use Wazine to redose them in 2 weeks or do I need to use a different medication? I'll try my best to pick up the worms that I see even though that is pretty gross lol!

I personally would never even use Wazine to begin with.
I would either go with Safeguard or Valbazen,
They get more worms...not just roundworms.

So..I would say use one of those two products for the follow up for sure.

Back
Top Bottom