Wazine for 6 chickens/I think I messed up

PlantJoySeeds

Chirping
8 Years
Sooo...I thought I had this figured out, but if they're supposed to finish it in one day, I've messed up

I'd put 2 T of wazine in their waterer because it holds a gallon, but it's been a full day and they've gone to bed, and there's still a little over half a gallon of the wazine water left! I'd thought you'd just leave it out until they finished it, but now I'm reading that they're only supposed to be drinking the wazine water for one day. I have 6 chickens/7 mos old so now I'm realizing that I should have put the wazine in a much smaller amount of water, right??

I also have a new hen-that-turned-out-to-be-a-rooster that I have quarantined and I likewise gave him too much water to drink in one day (1/4 gallon w/wazine appropriate to that amount)...He'd never drink that in one day - what was I thinking?
...argh...how badly did I mess up, and how do I proceed?

Should I leave their water out for another day so they can maybe finsh it, OR take it up now and have fresh water for them tomorrow?
hu.gif

Thanks folks!

Last edited:
When I gave my chickens Wazine I followed the directions by the bottle (using the full gallon of water). With only 4 chickens, they of course didn't finish it in one day. However, I freshen their water every day so I just emptied the container and gave them new water.

Sooo...I thought I had this figured out, but if they're supposed to finish it in one day, I've messed up

I'd put 2 T of wazine in their waterer because it holds a gallon, but it's been a full day and they've gone to bed, and there's still a little over half a gallon of the wazine water left! I'd thought you'd just leave it out until they finished it, but now I'm reading that they're only supposed to be drinking the wazine water for one day. I have 6 chickens/7 mos old so now I'm realizing that I should have put the wazine in a much smaller amount of water, right??

I also have a new hen-that-turned-out-to-be-a-rooster that I have quarantined and I likewise gave him too much water to drink in one day (1/4 gallon w/wazine appropriate to that amount)...He'd never drink that in one day - what was I thinking?
...argh...how badly did I mess up, and how do I proceed?

Should I leave their water out for another day so they can maybe finsh it, OR take it up now and have fresh water for them tomorrow?
hu.gif

Thanks folks!
Wazine dosage is universal no matter what size/age chickens are...one ounce per gallon of water. The treated water should be discarded after 24 hours whether there's any left or not. Then provide them freshwater to drink.

Putting it another way, the correct dosage is the amount the hen drinks in a 24 hour period with the Wazine mixed at the correct dosage, right?

Putting it another way, the correct dosage is the amount the hen drinks in a 24 hour period with the Wazine mixed at the correct dosage, right?
I have no clue how much a hen drinks in a day. There are too many factors involved. That's why I prefer to give them wormers orally, one bird at a time. That way I KNOW they got properly wormed.

Dawg53, how much liquid do I give each chicken? I mixed it in their water but they don't want to drink it. I did take my one weak hen over there and forced her to drink about 10 drinks. I grabbed her wattles and kept dipping her mouth in the water. She was not happy, but I don't have a dropper :(I noticed she had one round worm in her droppings so I rushed to get Wazine this morning.

Back
Top Bottom