Wazine with Ivermectin chaser?

khind

Crowing
9 Years
Jul 16, 2014
Norman, OK, USA
Sound ok for roundworms? I've got Wazine, so I gave it to the flock as soon as I found roundworm in a hen's droppings. I've read here about following up in 10 days with a different wormer. I was able to locate Ivermectin pour-on. Does that combination sound fine as far as anyone knows? Thanks.

Yes, it did expire, but just earlier this year. I'm banking on it still being good, having stored it at room temp. But I guess there's always a chance it's not - Maybe I should have posted that as a question first. Anyway, I wanted to be able to begin treatment asap.
Ivermectin pour-on has roundworms listed on the carton as one of its targeted parasites. Do you have info stating that it wouldn't work well?

Yes, it did expire, but just earlier this year. I'm banking on it still being good, having stored it at room temp. But I guess there's always a chance it's not - Maybe I should have posted that as a question first. Anyway, I wanted to be able to begin treatment asap.
Ivermectin pour-on has roundworms listed on the carton as one of its targeted parasites. Do you have info stating that it wouldn't work well?
The Wazine will take care of large roundworms if it's still effective.
I stopped using Ivermectin pour on and other Ivomec products including Eprinex years ago due to poultry roundworm resistance to the products. People were mainly using the products for treating mites.
Besides, Ivermectin has a long egg withdrawal period.
You ought to purchase Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer and use one or the other to dose each chicken orally. That way you'll know that your birds got properly wormed. Either product will take care of most worms that chickens can get. Then there 'll be no need to use the Wazine.

The Wazine will take care of large roundworms if it's still effective.
I stopped using Ivermectin pour on and other Ivomec products including Eprinex years ago due to poultry roundworm resistance to the products. People were mainly using the products for treating mites.
Besides, Ivermectin has a long egg withdrawal period.
You ought to purchase Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer and use one or the other to dose each chicken orally. That way you'll know that your birds got properly wormed. Either product will take care of most worms that chickens can get. Then there 'll be no need to use the Wazine.
Thank you for this info. My go-to is Valbazen, but my concerns were:
a. I wanted to rotate wormers in an attempt to prevent resistance; any chance of possible resistance with Valbazen if that's all I ever use? (The most frequently I've ever wormed my adults is 2x/year.)
b. My Valbazen expired even longer ago - Sept. 2019 - & my local place only had a gigantic bottle. I've got 5 chickens at the moment. However, I guess I've bought a little time now to shop for a smaller bottle if it would be wise to use it.
c. My pullets (7 mos old) had never been wormed before, so I wanted to be cautious & not go straight to something else.
If Valbazen still sounds fine, I'll look for that first, and liquid Safeguard second. I just bought the Ivermectin yesterday & it's still sealed, so I'll return it. Then, would I give one or the other 10 days after the Wazine dose I gave? Or would you suggest dosing them right away as their "first" dose?

I had read about that, and that's exactly the first thing I looked for at the feed store. But that container was also humongous & $75 🙄! But maybe I can order a smaller tube - looking online now, I see that I should be able to order one to be delivered to that same store.
Of course, the Valbazen is awesome because there's no egg withdrawal.

Back
Top Bottom