WC Black polish sexing

Karen12

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Carol Stream/Winfield, Illinois
I have an 8 week old polish that I think is a roo based off the sad attempt at a crow and the waddle development, but the tail is very small and it was VERY small when we got "him" (about an inch and a bit tall). Anyone have any opinions? If he is really a he, I can't really keep 2 Roos unfortunately.

Last edited:
I would love for it to be a pullet after all! On the top picture, would those head feathers be considered pointy or am I just seeing what I'm dreading?
I've had alot of Polish (Favorite breed) and I'm seeing a pullet from the pictures. At this age the crest would be way pointier and all if it was a roo.
It looks like a pullet shaped crest to me,if it was a roo it'd have a crazy hair do lol

Sweet! What about the crowing? I have a bantam coching that I KNOW is a roo, and the polish attempts to copy it. Granted, you can tell the difference between each bird's crow. The polish also has a "personality" compared to the other polish who is currently getting ALL the feathers plucked out of it. Sorry for all the additional comments

Sweet! What about the crowing? I have a bantam coching that I KNOW is a roo, and the polish attempts to copy it. Granted, you can tell the difference between each bird's crow. The polish also has a "personality" compared to the other polish who is currently getting ALL the feathers plucked out of it. Sorry for all the additional comments
Hmm I've never had one,but I've heard of hens who crow lol
I hope I'm right,but I'm pretty sure by the pics it's a pullet

I'd say you've got a boy... I'm seeing the start of streamers on the chick's crest.

Polish are LOUD! I wouldn't recommend keeping him if you have neighbors around.

Last edited:
Thank you LovePolish2! I am hoping that the little "tomboy" is just sending mixed signals because its hatchery stock. My other polish hen took almost a year to lay. I will for sure be updating with more pictures!

Back
Top Bottom