We Are For The Birds!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HardyFamilyFarms, Sep 15, 2019.

1. HardyFamilyFarms

HardyFamilyFarms Chirping

Sep 15, 2019
    About a year ago, a family member was moving and was not able to take her flock of 20 chickens with her. After a few weeks of deliberation, our family of 7 decided we could handle the flock. Because our family member owns the property the chickens were housed on, we were able to house them there until we created a space for them at home. Unfortunately, by the time that happened, we lost almost half of our flock to predators, at which point, we promptly got them home and safe in the barn (which up until this point, was piled high with the storage of Hardys past).
    Flash forward a year and here we are, rescuing almost every bird that comes our way and we have only lost one since getting that first flock home. Today, we have 24 chickens, including 9 roosters and 2 chicks; and 39 ducks, including 32 ducklings ranging from ages 3-7 weeks. Tomorrow, hopefully we will find more hens to keep our boys busy!
    Our main goal here at Hardy Family Farms is to raise happy, healthy birds. We put so much love into what we call our "babies" and all we want is for them to live their best lives in the best environment. We spend on average 12-18 hours daily making sure that our birds are well taken care of.
    Hardy Family Farms is trying hard to build a legacy and infuse love into every creature who finds itself in our path.

2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock!

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States, UK, Europe, Australia, Canada (for other countries, check here - Where am I? Where are you!)

Best wishes

Pork Pie

007Sean, Leahs Coop, sourland and 7 others like this.
  4. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal community! :celebrate Best wishes and have lots of fun! :wee

5. DiYMama540

DiYMama540 Crowing

Jun 25, 2019
    SW VA
    My Coop
    Great introduction! Would love to see some pics of your flock if you care to share! Sounds like you guys are doing a great job, and now you have the best support anyone could have, BYC :lol:
    :bun:welcome:bun

6. Mybackyardpeepers

Mybackyardpeepers Crowing

Mar 22, 2019
    Michigan
    Good morning and welcome to the BYC flock!!!

7. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Do you house most of the 9 roosters separate from the rest of the flock or do they not over breed the hens?

8. N F C

N F C Champion

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Hi, it sounds like you have plenty to keep you all busy! Thanks for joining us :)

007Sean, Leahs Coop, sourland and 6 others like this.
  9. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Partially Enlightened

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    007Sean, Leahs Coop, sourland and 5 others like this.
  10. Mimi13

Mimi13 fuhgettaboutit

Jan 6, 2018
    Centre, AL
    Welcome to the Chicken Club! :frow This is the place to be! You will learn more and laugh more than you ever thought possible! And you might possibly shed a tear or two.

BYC loves pictures, lots of pictures, but we love stories too. With your big menagerie I’m sure you could tell a bunch of stories.

Again, :welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: